Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Humm your thoughts on this....

I did the painting my self with a few cans of Dupli-Color primer, gloss black and clear. And added a stripe of yellow down middle piece in the rear. Didn't want to have a half red rear going into bike week. If this looks good I'll have it painted by a pro post bike week. Now I'm thinking I should do the tank and front fender black with the same yellow stripe down the middle of them?? Humm what do to cheaply too.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah sorry Sun, we'll always be twins in my eyes. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
i like it. i have a set of black tail peices i put on my yellow 1st gen SV. didn't like the 1/2 yellow 1/2 black.. makes it look like i crashed it and frankensteined it back together. but i like the yellow stripe in back.

you have any more pics from different angles

been thiikning of getting my frame powder coated black. might look sweet with the yellow

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I like the tail with the stripe.
It honestly doesnt look too bad, you sure your going to have a pro shoot it?
Maybe try the rattle can yourself... if it doesnt come out good, then go to a shop...

what fender elim are you using?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Meh, it does nothing for me. The only thing that matters is what do you think of it?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dackler said:
I like the tail with the stripe.
It honestly doesnt look too bad, you sure your going to have a pro shoot it?
Maybe try the rattle can yourself... if it doesnt come out good, then go to a shop...

what fender elim are you using?
That is a rattle can job. I replaced my left side with a red piece I got off Scambay a few weeks ago and I painted my right yellow half to match it. I would havd tried to do the OEM color but the spray cans of base and color would have run about $80 shipped so I did this for $13 at home. I'll post up more pics tomorrow am. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the black and the stripe. If you go for the same scheme on the tank you should have someone shoot it. The rattlecan clear does not have enough hardener in it and takes forever to really dry and if you splatter gas, it eats through the clear.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
How do you like the Duplicolor match?

I got some scratches I need to hide. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I wish I could get they vinyl to stick to the rear seat to continue the stripe right up to the main seat. :)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
stranger said:
i like it. but if you're going to keep it, i think you need to bring the black into the tank somehow.
Well I've got another 2sq yards of black vinyl to do a stripe on the tank and front fender. I'll see what I can do tomorrow morning.

:)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Northwind like! Though you're right, it'd be good to carry it onto the tank. This might not work out how I imagine it, but... Instead of stripes, how about you follow the lines of the tank- paint hte "cheekbones" (where your knees go) black and leave hte top and front yellow. That'd carry your stripe forward hten broaden it out. Maybe break it up more with a further V of black at the front of the tank.

Then again, that might look like ass ;) The super-bold black and yellow stripe does look absolutely fantastic. I eventually steered clear of black because I knew that that way lies powdercoating the frame ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts