Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed some dual headlights from flyncycle and a fender eliminator that does not use the plate light. Changed the oil and fork oil and went to start it today and the lights work and FI primes but then nothing. I thought maybe the battery did not have enough juice so I jumped it and still nothing.
I am at a loss. Anyone have any clue as to what it could be? The plate light wire is still there just not plugged in, could this affect it starting? The battery seems to have sufficient charge. There was also an extra wire connected to the headlights, both both high and low beams work. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,059 Posts
Check the clutch safety switch connection. It's right under the clutch lever an may have come unplugged.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
That extra headlight wire is for your parking lights, the extra bulbs inside the dominators housing.

And yeah, check your clutch switch, followed by fuses. Chances are you knocked the clutch switch loose doing the headlights and forks or unplugged it and forgot to plug it back up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I did see in fact that the switch was unplugged. Unfortunately, one of the prongs broke off. I unscrewed the two screws holding it on, and one of the prongs was broken. I guess the tie downs crushed it. The female end is fine, any ideas to what the male end that is screwed on is called? Or is there a way to bypass the switch altogether?
Thanks

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
if you connect the two wires going to the bike together, the switch is disabled. A bent paper clip into the connector works as a non-permanent solution.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dude,
If you I hadn't rode my bike to work this morning, I'd think you stole it! We're like twins.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
My clutch safety switch went out a while back and all I did was cut the female connector off of the wires and twisted the two together. I then just wrapped some electrical tape around it and shoved it into the switch with the rest of the wires. Looks clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts