Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
There are many successful motorcycle manufacturers that don鈥檛 have MotoGP teams. I don鈥檛 blame any product manager for thinking it鈥檚 a waste of money. Never bought a motorcycle in my life because of how the maker was doing in Motogp.

Registered
I can't believe that it's really happening and how fast. I'm not looking for counseling here, but every day there's a new heartbreak and I'm getting despondent over it. It's made me realize how much your picture future affects your day to day. It's killing my drive for things. Why bother if they are this capable of taking it away. Who knows what they'll take next. And there are millions and millions that believe the BS that we've got to do this or the earth will perish. I've always loved Suzuki. Have a DRZ400 and SV650 and lusted after a GSXR750 for years. The climate change narrative is proving to be all they need to finally take the world over.
HAHA! You're funny! Who are "they" that you refer to?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Registered
Honestly ...
I bought a gen.3 SV as beginner's bike, that I'm greatly satisfied with (after having fixed the all well known deficiencies in the suspension and brakes department).
Having said this, I want to point out that if you give an objective look at the complete Suzuki road motorcycle lineup, you shall conclude that no real new engine and/or bike has been presented in the past 15 years or so.
They have been floating the market mainly with restyling of (very) old bike models.
To me this is a tell-tale sign of a decision to abandon the motorcycle market taken long ago, and winning the 2020 motoGP championship has been an "accident" they (Company management, not racing one) didn't even want to happen, because it put more focus on them.

Registered
Sometimes 鈥榞o with what you know鈥 works. I just bought one. Their stance is similar to Toyota鈥榮. Take a back seat to new tech development, save that money, and sell your customers on a 鈥檏nown and developed鈥 product with reliability. And yeah, a bit too early on for them to have seen the EV thing coming鈥

Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
Honestly ...
I bought a gen.3 SV as beginner's bike, that I'm greatly satisfied with (after having fixed the all well known deficiencies in the suspension and brakes department).
Having said this, I want to point out that if you give an objective look at the complete Suzuki road motorcycle lineup, you shall conclude that no real new engine and/or bike has been presented in the past 15 years or so.
They have been floating the market mainly with restyling of (very) old bike models.
To me this is a tell-tale sign of a decision to abandon the motorcycle market taken long ago, and winning the 2020 motoGP championship has been an "accident" they (Company management, not racing one) didn't even want to happen, because it put more focus on them.
+1 to this ^^^
Here we all are riding the same bike that came out in 1999 like "this SV is amazing!!" :ROFLMAO:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts