Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
my bruther from another mother!
See whatcha get for not communiating ****? Chek out the Ohio Rider Fall Gap trip thread Andy. Maybe you can swing in there with us. Kinda like a Kool Wink Tour-Mini kinda.....sorta
anyways glad to see you out there. Perfect weather in God's gift to two wheels...West Virginia

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Couple of weeks ago. Svers may recognize Beetle on his new Gixxah

Me lol

Wolf pen gap

Passed 230,000 on this trip. No problems

1800 miles/6 days/0 tickets

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
How is the CSC holding up?
China has a few issues that will be remedied this Winter. Blown fork seal and a few other minor planned mods/maint issues.
Overall running great and a lot of fun to ride.
Will be riding China from NE Ohio to the Smoky Mtns this June. It's gonna be an 18 day trip, camping as much as possible, riding as much dirt and gravel as possible.
Once down there, will meet up with the gang from Ohioriders at Fontana Village for a few days of partying and rest and then back at it. While down there will ride the entire "Smoky Mtn 500" route, which is a 500 mile loop mostly off road

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Hey SV Rider-types!!

Thought a few of you might get a kick out of a few pics of the bike I've been building over the Winter, prepping for a June departure for a year+ trip through the Americas. Extent depending upon stretching funds, and unforeseen problems.

And...best of all...it still a Suzuki! (DR650 with a few mods lol)

Trip will start with a leisurely ride from Ohio to the Gap area to meet up with the annual Ohio Riders gang (and USED to also include SVRiders :( )
Will then ride the TAT West all the way to the coast. From there, SOuth through MX to catch a boat in Panama.
From There, next stop Columbia, and then it's open roads until there are no more roads (where the Glaciers and Penguins are )
Then turn around and come home....or not...or go to India and join a 2019 India/Mongolia/Khazak/Russia ride I've already been invited to join (assuming I am alive and have a viable bike still)
SO many road to ride.
Only two days left of work at my 11 yr Corp job and then in 8 weeks BAM!
Peace!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great looking bike. The trip sounds like it will be super fun, I'm jealous. Congrats on your retirement? Good luck with the trip and the bike. I hope you post some pics here, or a link to where you will be posting pics if any.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey. Sup.

Hope you keep up with reportage' and photos.
Drop us a link now and again to your most up to date ADV thread.

"One of Them! One of Them!"

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Hey. Sup.

Hope you keep up with reportage' and photos.
Drop us a link now and again to your most up to date ADV thread.

"One of Them! One of Them!"
'Sup bcj

The easiest way to keep up with my travels is by following my Blog on ADV Rider, which I started a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link to my Blog if anyone cares to follow along
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/cycle-south-2018-2019-my-adventure-to-south-america-and-the-unknown.1296625/

Leaving in 4 weeks now. Everything is a green light at this time
Bike is now broken in and ready as well.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Enjoy the trip Danimal! If you happen to pass through SoCal, ping me!
I may do that. Right now lots of details are in flux because of the ongoing issues in Nicaragua
I need to ride through Nicaragua some time in mid-October, to catch a boat in Panama that will transport me and the bike to Columbia
Due to lots of civil unrest there, travel through the country right now is increasingly difficult. Roadblocks, Demonstrations and random murders taking place daily.
So the entire schedule may be played by ear day to day.
The Captain of the boat is aware of the deteriorating state of affairs there and is thinking of re-routing the Stahlratte from Carti Panama to Cancun Mexico, with a stop in Cuba on the way to Columbia!
So the sailboat would be Cancun->Cuba->Cartegena Columbia
I'm hoping that this DOES turn out to be a viable option. Otherwise I'd have to crate the bike in MX, ship it to Columbia and fly there and wait for the bike to arrive
I have a Sponsor in Denver (Woodys Wheel Works) that built custom wheels for the bike, so I need to get to Denver to get them installed (will also be getting fresh chain/sprockets/tires there, as well as enjoying the legal herb)
After Denver, not sure whether I will still ride to West coast and down the coastline.
The sooner I get into Mexico the sooner my daily costs go way down.

But I always wanted to ride the California coastline

We'll see....less than one week before I leave now. Next few days will be spent finalizing the load, and selling my car

261 - 280 of 294 Posts