Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't been up to posting ride reports for a while as my Toshiba laptop crapped out, leaving me with just my iPhone for emails and browsing.
I picked up a HP Ultrabook today for a great price and grabbed some pics that had been on the camera for a while.
Here are some pics I like, without any real commentary.
Most are from SE Ohio, West VA, PA, NY State and a little MD.
All from late July and through August.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Givi ST model.

I don't think it's made any more. Nice thick material and perfect fit. I mean it drops into place.

I have been thinking lately of trying a stock level screen again for a bit to see if a touch cleaner air would be smoother and quieter (even though I am wearing in ear monitors, listening to music mostly), but I think I would miss the protection the larger screen affords my GPS and Sirius radio from weather and bugs, etc.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Dan:
is that the saeng ta microswirl edging on the screen? i've been meaning to supplement my screen/lip setup with microswirl to hopefully get the air bubble to reach the top of my helmet (or at least a bit higher)

Blue72Beetle:

i've been having good luck with a stock-sized puig screen with a laminar touring lip on it. just wish the lip was dark smoke like the screen is.

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
Nice shots there. Points for using the SV the way you do. I think your bike is the replacement to Ranger's 05 SVT.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan:
is that the saeng ta microswirl edging on the screen? i've been meaning to supplement my screen/lip setup with microswirl to hopefully get the air bubble to reach the top of my helmet (or at least a bit higher)
No, it's some rounded edging that came with it from Givi. I have some Saeng edging. It's hideous. And the effect I couldn't notice.

I love the pannier lights, nice compliment to the stock tail light. Are they wired for brake lights as well?
Yes, and turn signals as well

Nice shots there. Points for using the SV the way you do. I think your bike is the replacement to Ranger's 05 SVT.
Thanks Zuki. Here are a few more from a few days wandering down south (just got home)
]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey! I'm heading to the Dragon next week! Are some of those on the Cherohala Skyway?

Blue72Beetle:

i've been having good luck with a stock-sized puig screen with a laminar touring lip on it. just wish the lip was dark smoke like the screen is.
I just bought a Puig touring windscreen from another member on here ( http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163304 ), so I'm looking forward to see how that turns out. But it'll be awhile, I've got the bike apart for suspension upgrades.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey! I'm heading to the Dragon next week! Are some of those on the Cherohala Skyway?

I just bought a Puig touring windscreen from another member on here ( http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163304 ), so I'm looking forward to see how that turns out. But it'll be awhile, I've got the bike apart for suspension upgrades.
No, the stormy pics are on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Have a good ride down next week, and here's to good weather for you:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
No, it's some rounded edging that came with it from Givi. I have some Saeng edging. It's hideous. And the effect I couldn't notice.
Ahhh, and it's good to know that the Saeng ta isn't very useful. I was pondering getting some at the recommendation of daviddowns2000, but haven't gotten to it. Perhaps one day, but with a laminar touring lip and earplugs, it's not uncomfortable turbulence and noise-wise.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are some great pics! Makes me want to plan a similar trip soon.
While I normally travel around a lot, this was really an unplanned trip down to NC. I am away from work on a medical leave, having a health issue I am trying to sort out. The meds I am taking to try to help are creating their own problems and I needed to get away.
Not lookimng for any sympathy here from anyone, but I have suffered from what are know as Cluster headaches for decades, and they have been very bad lately. The mood on this trip was strange to say the least, but riding my bike seems to be helping me keep a grip on sanity to some level. The day out on the BRP with all the dark gloomy skies fit the bill perfectly somehow.
Somehow I wanted to stay down there and not come back this time. Just quit everything.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think I will keep this thread going, as a repository of random pics from my rides.

From the last few day's wanderings:

Russel Park, near LaDue Reservoir, on the Cuyahoga River

The typical park sign

What's that in between the glass and the sign? It's a small brown bat

He had company

tapped on the glass and woke them up I guess

(CLICK ON PICTURE-IT'S A LINK TO A VIDEO)

On a trail around Lake Hodgson in Ravenna

riding over that pipe was tricky

Today...somewhere in Southern Ohio

Lunch on Rt 7 at Rt 800's end in Fly Ohio

No trespassing?

On Rt 536 (some call it the Baby Dragon)

I was 12 miles up County Road 102 (Wonderful gravel and exposed rock road, with beautiful views) when I came to this section. I used a stick to determine it was not a good idea to proceed

This guy made it through just fine

He stopped and we talked a bit. He had never seen a "crotchety rocket" (his words) on this road. He said it got better after about a 1/2 mile of ruts that got much worse than the one that turned me back (maybe it IS time for the DR650)

A little further back on CR102

I took this picture specifically to post on ADV "post your pictures of murals" thread

Getting to be time to break out the Gerbing

Back at home, a bit muddy but ready for tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today

Cheese Festival in Sugarcreek Ohio

Followed a Forest Service road a few miles and had to stop

trail ended (GPS showed differently)

Amish country

Arnold Ziffle

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Great assortment of photos! You really get around.

Is that an ADVMonster model 30 light you have mounted? I just installed two of them on my forks. What fantastic lights!

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great assortment of photos! You really get around.

Is that an ADVMonster model 30 light you have mounted? I just installed two of them on my forks. What fantastic lights!
It's the same light as his I believe, but I got it from a different supplier in China.

It IS freaking bright! I originally intended to light up the eyes of deer (it does that well) but now leave it on all the time. Cars definately see you. I have seen countless cages start to pull out and suddenly stop...even from a distance. I rarely have somone flash their brights, as it's pointed off to the right a bit

1 - 20 of 294 Posts