Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had my best friend and his kids over to watch the Super Bowl. Also, one of our mutual friends came over with his kid. My buddy, we'll call him "Ed," has two kids. One 17 month old and a 4 year old. Let me say right off, the 4 year old is a spoiled brat and a bully. She also doesn't listen at all. It doesn't matter who you are, if you ask her to do something, it ain't happening.
Anyway, for the most part, "Sally" was pretty well behaved. Then, as the night wore on, it hit the fan. Katy found Sally IN our master bath sink complaining that her feet were sticky and needed to be washed. Of course your feet are sticky! You took Sammy's toothpaste, threw it on the floor and stepped on it! Then she went upstairs and made a mess of my bathroom. Water everywhere, the toilet brush out, towel on the floor and one of Sammy's toys (an electric tea pot that would play music). The tea pot had been in water and hardly works anymore.
I went downstairs and asked Ed to have his child clean the mess she made. I really didn't think it would be a out of line request, after all, Sammy is only 17 months old and picks up her toys when we ask. By now, Ed's wife, "Sue" is here. (Sue watches Sammy two days a week. We pay Sue every week for watching Sammy.) Sue apparently finds my request out of line and stomps upstairs, all the while I hear her mutter, "It's not like I don't clean up after Sammy."
WTF!?!?!?
I PAY you to watch/clean up after Sammy. It's not MY fault that your snot-nosed brat is a bully and an all around living hell to be around! My kid is well behaved. YOUR kid is a brat! Yes, Sammy makes a mess. She's a toddler. But, if you ask her, she will help clean up her mess. Not just walk away like you don't even exist.
BTW, our mutual friend's kid (4 year old) was well behaved, as usual.
WTF is wrong with people? Discipline your kids. THEY don't make the rules. YOU make the rules.
Our second kid may be a holy terror, but they will not bully or be a brat.
Sorry for the long rant, poor grammar and sentence/paragraph structure.

*EDIT* Apparently, our mutual friend's kid is only 3. That makes the hell-raiser kid even worse.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOOOOOOOOOH! I forgot, the brat also opened our laundry closet and spread detergent all over the hall. I had JUST vacuumed about 3 hours earlier. Katy then had to vacuum up the mess.
What a little snot. :angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That's the kind of people I don't ask back to my house. I also have no problem telling a disrespectful child not to do something I wouldn't allow my own child to do when they are in my house. And I'll do it in front of the parent if the parent doesn't take care of it.

Does that cause problems, probably but that kind of friend I don't really want in my house anyway. That's the kind of parent that makes excuses for their child's bad behavior their whole life.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I also have no problem telling a disrespectful child not to do something I wouldn't allow my own child to do when they are in my house.
+1. In that situation I have always given the guest notice that I am not appreciating the behavior and it needs to be corrected. If they don't see a problem with it I correct the situation and if they protest I let them know if they don't like it they can leave. I don't stop by your place and bring anyone over that will trash it so don't bring anyone over that will trash mine. If it's a child and something happens I expect the parents to step in and manage it.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
This is why I refuse to reproduce. I know how I was as a kid, and an adolocent, and a teenager... and a college student....and.... well you get the idea.

The world as we know it would come to an end if my demon spawn ever came to be.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's the kind of people I don't ask back to my house. I also have no problem telling a disrespectful child not to do something I wouldn't allow my own child to do when they are in my house. And I'll do it in front of the parent if the parent doesn't take care of it.

Does that cause problems, probably but that kind of friend I don't really want in my house anyway. That's the kind of parent that makes excuses for their child's bad behavior their whole life.
Kick " Ed " in the taint. My kid goes out of my line of sight, I get up and investigate. Might as well punch "Sue" in the taint as well.
There you go! A good solution to the problem!
I would never had let my children act like that at our home much less a friend's home. I would tell them in no uncertain terms that unless they learn how to control their child....said child is no longer welcome in your home. I would also look for a different arrangement for your child care needs...your daughter doesn't need to be around this child and learn any of her bad behavior.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
While all the talk of beatings is putting me in a good mood, and that gif of the Falcon Punch is rather amusing, I would have handled it differently.

At the first sign of terror, I would have told the parent that he needs to do something about this. At the second sign of terror, I would have told the parent that he, and his holy terror kid, they need to leave......now. Not after dinner, not at halftime, not in ten minutes......now. If his kid is going to act in that way, then his kid is not welcome in my home.

And I would find other arrangements for my child care.

....I have a two year old, so I am around kids daily.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
That taser was the greatest suggestion. And if their kid is way out of the parents mind (and view) you can hit the kid one good time and the 'rents will never know. Best part is you can put yourself in the same state of denial that they are in about their kids!

Brat: "mommy! bobby tased me!"
You (bobby): "kids say the dardest things! Get out of my house."

lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.