Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, my poor ART can has gotten all dented up by inconsiderate/incompetent NYC parkers, so I'm looking to get a replacement slip-on. Am wondering if this looks like the original exhaust apart from the can/midpipe? I should be able to just slip another midpipe & can on there right? I ask because it looks like the front cylinder's pipe is like bolted onto the rest of the thingy (manifold? i don't know sh*t)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
secondly, a previous owner dropped the bike and cracked the back side off of the gauges, see pic. I see on bikebandit.com that it's possible to just buy the OEM "lower case" of the gauge assembly:

http://www.bikebandit.com/2000-suzuki-sv650-sv650x/o/m147740#sch268187

My question is, will replacing this part be a considerable PITA for someone with no garage and not a lot of tools? doesn't look that hard but experience had taught me that looks can be deceiving...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you buying the entire lower case? From your picture it looks like you just need the tach ornament. If that's the case, as long as you have a screwdriver, you're golden. If you're replacing the lower case, you'll have to remove all the little bulbs attached to the cord assembly and feed them back through after you replace the case. Again, some screwdrivers and sockets should do you fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh hey look at that! had to scroll down on the exploded drawing a bit, I never noticed that. thank you!

seriously though how is that one little piece of plastic worth $67 :mad:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sucks that it costs that much. You could try ebay, or the used section of this forum, where several 1gen partouts seems to be happening at any given time.
In any case, they are nice looking guages, so even if you have to bite the bullet and pay $67 it isn't so bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah w/e, it's worth it to me to have the bike complete and without any obviously broken parts. i feel like ppl selling gauges on here aren't going to want to part out the cluster but it's worth a shot huh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts