Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pick up some stuff and had a few questions, mostly related to fairings... My ride is a 2003 SV650S

I think I'm gonna order Godfather fairings, just because I don't care about finish and don't mind drilling some holes for fitment... looks don't matter too much. Now, will these work with my stock SV650S fairing bracket, or should I go ahead and get an aftermarket one? And are the aftermarket brackets standard, for example if I get SV650S race plastics, will they bolt up to any SV650S fairing bracket?

Or would I be better off ordering like gixxer 600 plastics, and if so, what fairing bracket do I use with them?

Also, anyone know how much of a weight savings a slip on is worth?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My stock pipe weighed 12 lbs after I cut it off to instal the Holeshot. The holeshot weighs about 5 lbs.
This was all weighed using a run of the mill bathroom scale with me holding onto the pipes so I wouldn't call it a scientific measurement. ;)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah my M4 full system was considerable lighter than stock as well. Really makes the bike easier to flip from side to side. I'm sure a slip-on is worht some weight too, it you go carbon or Ti.

About the fairings, if you don't care about looks or finish... why are you getting them? They add weight and the SV doesn't go fast enough to really get much aerodynamic effect from them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bodywork makes a big difference. SV goes plenty fast to take advantage of aerodynamics. Do an experiment, ride your bike full speed and sit up straight, you WILL slow down. I don't run bodywork on my bike (I will soon) and on long straights guys with bodywork (sv's) start walking away from me, it's not a HP issue either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 on helping with aerodynamics. I've gained 3 to 5mph with full bodywork vs. just the SVS upper. I'm routinely pulling redline in 6th gear on the front straight at BIR with stock gearing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+2 on aero effect.

I ride a naked 03 and I can't pull red line on long straights with stock gearing. If I was going to race again or just trying to get everything I could out of my bike, a FULL set of bodywork would go on for sure.

I've got a Yosh RS3 Ti slip-on. It weighed in at 4.2 using a digital fish scale. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts