Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a frustrating day. Cut my thump real deep with the sharp sheet plate while making a fender eliminator. Anyway here is my problem and any help will be appreciated.
I installed the mini lights in the back and my right blinked normal but my left only blinked the front in twice the speed while the left back signal nothing.
Thinking it may be the signal I put back the stock lights to see if they work properly. Same problem! I have no idea where to start. I checked all my splicing.Any inputs?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
SOMETHING is connected incorrectly in the rear.

The system is acting as if a bulb is burned out - as in, it doesn't see the rear.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Arvan said:
I had a frustrating day. Cut my thump real deep .....Any inputs?
No there won't be any inputs for you if you cut your THUMP. Gotta let it heal before you tackle the ladies.LMFAO :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Seriously, if it were a car, I would say the flasher. Do bikes use flashers?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ruefus said:
SOMETHING is connected incorrectly in the rear.
LMAO You guys are killing me.
Sorry for the juvenile humor :oops:

·
Registered
82 Posts
check your grounds

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grounds for turnsignals?How ,where. The were two wires one hot the other the ground.Am I missing something :(

N

·
0 Posts
Like ruefus said- check the bulb. You could plug the left TS into the wiring for the right to check the whole assembly if you felt really conscientious about it.

You do have it correct though- two wires, one +, one -. For a light bulb it doesn't even matter which way you connect them as it'll work even if you wire it backwards. It's gotta be something simple: bulb, splice, connector etc.

:)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Same as what the others before me have said - something's not wired right with the rear signal. Check both of the solder/splice connections for the hot and ground wire. If they're good then check to be certain that the connector is properly seated with it's counterpart (assuming you've reused the stock wire connectors, the black and grey ones...). If all of those are good then check the bulb itself, maybe it's bad. (Normally I'd say check the bulb first, but I'm certain you've got a bad connection or flipped your hot/ground wires)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spliced the connectors with new longer wires but I suspect my left connector is not working.I will by-pass that tommorow see if that will solve itThe bulb is fine.Does the rear plate light have anything to do with this?Cause I simply took that part out.

N

·
0 Posts
Removing the plate light shouldn't affect it, and I'm pretty sure it's on a different circuit anyway.

:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Arvan said:
grounds for turnsignals?How ,where. The were two wires one hot the other the ground.Am I missing something :(
all the electrical has grounds. You might have a loose ground elsewhere on the bike from moving wires around.
No your plate light will not affect it I took mine out and had noting until my new ones came in. Check connections beyond where you were playing with the wires too. one may have come loose.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Could it be a bad bulb in the rear mini blinker?

·
Registered
283 Posts
did you get the thumb checked?

When was your last tetanus shot? If more than 5 years ago please get another as soon as you can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts