Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where (url please) I can pickup a solo seat for an '02 Yellow SV650? I'm gonna get one for my wifes bike. She wants to do the rear sissy bar removal and have a cowl that covers up that area. We're not talented enough to do the whole fiberglass thing. We both liked the Targa or Pyramid cowls. One member told me ebay, but they are hard to find. Where can I get one new? I did a little searching and having a hard time finding the one I need for a YELLOW '02. It must cover the sissy bar handle. Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the one on pyramid's main site...I wasn't sure how that would work since it looks like it's all Euros (I see you're in Germany...I'm in the Central US) and the only thing I could find in that said yellow on it was the one listed as "SV650 99 Y9F YELLOW SC" and I'm guessing 99 is the year in that description. Is the paint code the same for a '99 yellow SV and an '02? Is that what the Y9F is...the paint code?

On the Targa one the description doesn't say if it comes with the little filler area that covers the sissy bar. I can see it clearly on the pyramid photo as an extension of the plastic.

Actually I think I prefer the look of the Targa if it has the little filler area and still opens and closes like the seat always did.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are tutorials on how to make the little filler pieces. I have a Targa that came with the pieces and all they are are small L brackets with plastic slots cut to the curve of the space double sided taped to them. I then just attached them to the bike using the doubles sided tape as well. You can just buy the L brackets from Home Depot and then cut the pieces out using the plastic case from a floppy disk.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm hoping that Pyramid gets some more 00 red soon... mine flew off in the fall and got all messed up :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts