Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold the 2004 FZ1 today, time to go back to the SV650. I sold the SV originally because I thought I needed 140hp and that I would be taking long trips. Turned out neither was true, the FZ1 was a great bike but I felt too tempted to exceed 100mph wherever I went, as it was so smooth and fast. Long story short, sold the bike and now I'm looking for another gen2 SV650N. If any of you know of any naked models in the MN area let me know. Feels good to be back to this forum too. Let the search begin... :vroom:

·
Registered
15 Posts
well this is kind of disappointing....... i've been looking at your CL ad all week. i was going to give you a call tomorrow, haha. good luck with your search!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well this is kind of disappointing....... i've been looking at your CL ad all week. i was going to give you a call tomorrow, haha. good luck with your search!
Oh man! you're still in luck though. I noticed there are a zillion FZ1's on craigslist right now.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just sold the 2004 FZ1 today, time to go back to the SV650. I sold the SV originally because I thought I needed 140hp and that I would be taking long trips. Turned out neither was true, the FZ1 was a great bike but I felt too tempted to exceed 100mph wherever I went, as it was so smooth and fast. Long story short, sold the bike and now I'm looking for another gen2 SV650N. If any of you know of any naked models in the MN area let me know. Feels good to be back to this forum too. Let the search begin... :vroom:
LOL Yeah I think for the same reason I won't ever upgrade- I got on my friends 636 (which I am sure is still nothing compared to the FZ1) and damn was it smooth and fast as hell ... 100mph in 3rd and 4th is normal?

Just too fast... i'd be happy to put that on the track but damn that's not necessary on a street... the SV really feels happy on the street.

·
Registered
147 Posts
LOL Yeah I think for the same reason I won't ever upgrade- I got on my friends 636 (which I am sure is still nothing compared to the FZ1) and damn was it smooth and fast as hell ... 100mph in 3rd and 4th is normal?

Just too fast... i'd be happy to put that on the track but damn that's not necessary on a street... the SV really feels happy on the street.
Exactley how I felt after "babysitting" my buddies tuned GSXR-600 for 3 weeks/300 miles last month. It just doesn't feel happy unless it's above 8k RPM and/or 80mph. After having a chance to ride it extensively I've lost pretty much all of my desire to own a bike in that class. The SV is just a better bike for street use IMO.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I've read this sentiment over and over and while I won't be selling the sv to buy one of those I'd sure love to try one out for myself.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Last spring i was working on picking up a fz1 and trading in the sv but after some seat time theres just not the fun factor that the sv has. I'd like to have a fz1 but will wait till they get cheaper so i can have both, i was looking at the new ninja1000 but between its looks and insurance not a option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts