Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold her today, she was a great bike.
Bike had new Vortex rear sets, zx14 shock, race emulators/springs/seals, gsxr damper with adapter, full Yosh TRS carbon, PCIII, and bunch of other stuff. '05 13k miles.

I will stay on this site for sure even that I am buying a 2012 ZX6R. You guys have been the best about answering any questions over the years. Thanks again, Laurent.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Best of luck with the new bike.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question is, will you change your username now that you'll be on a limp wristed inline4? :p
LOL, yeah I am torn on what to do name wise. i'll stay what I am here. Limp wristed? you have to not be! When the power comes on...holly crap! The reason I went with it is that it is a great deal (2012 500 miles $9k OTD). Also I am 6'3" and it is the 600 with the longest wheelbase, seat to bars ratio. R6 or GSXR are too short. Honda...well it"s like a Buell (54" wheelbase) and I don't need a 1000cc machine. Also it makes it's power at 8K unlike the others. Midrange is good. Anyways I have done my homework and wanted one but waited until it had been out for a few years. I will post pics(picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There she is, just picked her up. Riding this Sunday (weather please be nice)

I like the Kawi green but didn't want to be like all the Kawi riders. The black and red looks nice to me. Again thanks for all the years of knowledge and will still hang around here for sure, Laurent.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part of an SV, I purchased that one with a cert. of destruction for $1K. I told my friend to just sell it apart but he just wanted the $$. Fine I took it apart and made $2600 so far and still have a few parts and frame/motor!! I would love to do that for a living!

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Part of an SV, I purchased that one with a cert. of destruction for $1K. I told my friend to just sell it apart but he just wanted the $$. Fine I took it apart and made $2600 so far and still have a few parts and frame/motor!! I would love to do that for a living!
Its harder than most people think to keep it going.

PM me about the motor...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Good to know. I'm 6'2" and most supersports feel and look so tiny. Might get a Kwak for a track bike.
Im 6' and the GSXR felt small to me when I first got it but now that I am used to riding it, it is plenty big enough. I would recommend finding a demo day for any of the major manufacturers and try riding them and see how you feel. That is what made me decide I wanted the GSXR. Plus, who would ever pass up riding different motorcycles for free? lol

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I test rode that bike on the track (demo) and it felt great, other than the abrupt throttle response (easily fixed with a PC3), it's a great bike out of the box and the power felt like it came sooner than other 4cyl 600s. It's also got a nice exhaust tone to it from the factory.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Best thing (or maybe worst) is that you get a fresh slate for mods! :)
What if you just state it's a completely moded SV? ( I swapped a LOT of parts ) Call it an SVZX6r.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Nice bike! I miss my '05 636... if I was rich I'd look into the 2013 ZX636, buuut I'm not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts