Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SV650 blue
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I purchased these used on eBay with the intent to install it on my 2007 blue SV. It came without any hardware, and I remember already back then all my searches for it turning out fruitless, which (plus having to paint to match) only added to me giving up on the whole thing.
They are in great shape, with a couple minor scuffs around where the radiator cap would be, while others wouldn’t even be visible when installed (area that tucks behind the frame). If your bike matches the color, a dab of touch up paint would probably do. Please refer to pictures.
If I had to guess, this was off a 2004 yellow and not the 2005 (judging it is a deeper yellow, and not that lighter more banana-like of the following year). But please don’t take my word for it.
100USD plus shipping. Might throw it on eBay as well, and if I do I’ll post the link on the eBay forum here. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I would guess they are molded to try to hide the ridiculous width of the '04 radiator. Wonder if they would fit on a newer bike, or just look sort of odd.

·
Registered
2007 SV650 blue
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would guess they are molded to try to hide the ridiculous width of the '04 radiator. Wonder if they would fit on a newer bike, or just look sort of odd.
IDK, bro....I have seen a blue SV in here with them plus color matching tire hugger and belly pan and it looked just sick. I set out to emulate it on mine and that was step one purchase. Chasing the belly pan and tire hugger as the years went by and pickings became thinner (and consequently pricier) plus the hassle of color matching became something I just didn’t want to chase anymore. Glad it went to a good home. I think just that alone would look awkward (it did on mine when I trial-part-fitted...), but with other bits I mentioned a pretty cool look and vibe can definitely be achieved. Cheers!

·
Registered
2007 SV650 blue
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDK, bro....I have seen a blue SV in here with them plus color matching tire hugger and belly pan and it looked just sick. I set out to emulate it on mine and that was step one purchase. Chasing the belly pan and tire hugger as the years went by and pickings became thinner (and consequently pricier) plus the hassle of color matching became something I just didn’t want to chase anymore. Glad it went to a good home. I think just that alone would look awkward (it did on mine when I trial-part-fitted...), but with other bits I mentioned a pretty cool look and vibe can definitely be achieved. Cheers!
Come to think of it....it was a white SV custom, not blue. Maybe the pic is still up in here in the galleries if you dig in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts