Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for posting when you are out riding, and happen to meet up with another SV on the highway for a few miles. Post when & where, a quick description of you & bike, and a quick description of the other rider/bike, and lets see who we happen to meet along the road.

For instance,
Thursday 6/12/2014, approx. 8 PM
The 10 South out of Beverly Hills, saw you come onto the Fwy, and let you pass while carefully splitting, Followed for a couple miles before you started moving right to exit.
ME: HiVis vest and helmet, grey gear, riding the blue naked '06
YOU: I missed noticing the gear, but a dark blue curvy (pre-'02)

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Theres a couple SVs I periodically see parked at UC: Riverside. Wonder if any of them are on here:

1st gen SVS, fairing of different color from bike
2nd gen SVS, copper color
2nd gen naked, silver color, sargent or corbin seat
2nd gen SVS, red fairing, bone stock by the looks of it

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This morning, a blue curvy S turned behind me up the same street where I work... Anyone here?
(Pauling in Foothill Ranch.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
That could have been me on the 10. Blue '00 curvy. Black leather jacket and silver lid.

I'm all over SoCal all of the time, so you've probably seen me! If I'm working, there will be a black bag on the passenger seat.

I haven't seen any SVs lately, myself.

Fersuredude

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumped into another member yesterday while walking the dog. Lives a couple blocks from me. Yellow '05 S. Nice dude. Nice bike. :)

Fersuredude - it was fun following if that was you. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is kind of a long shot but I want to see if there are any 2003+ SV riders willing to let me have a 10 min test ride on their bike before I show up to a buyer 2 hours away and decide I don't want to buy it.

I would be willing to let you follow me on my 2007 Honda VFR800 in exchange. It's only fair since you would be letting a stranger ride your pride and joy.
Both of us can try a new bike! I mainly just want to do a few minutes on the freeway and through a neighborhood to see what commuting on the bike would be like instead of just sitting on one in the parking lot.

Not interested in doing wheelies or top speed runs, just want to get a feel for the ergonomics, engine and handling.

Let me know!

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yesterday, between 4:30 and 5 pm, I was headed downhill on Bake towards the 405, you were headed uphill towards Foothill Ranch on a silver Gen2 S.

And another around 5 somewhere in Costa Mesa, but I forget which street I was on then...

Anyone on here?

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
October 1 (last night), 6:30-7-ish? turning right from Bake onto Portola? Grey SV-S? Anyone here? (I was pulling up to the L-turn light from Portola to Bake.)

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I've been seeing a two-tone 2nd gen S a few times in Fountain Valley, blue with a black fairing. Anyone here? Seen this morning at the intersection of Warner and Newland?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts