Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been puttin together my '09 race/track schedule, interested to see where people are headed this year.

Here's what mine is shaping up to be.

April 20 -21 TTD @ Thunderbolt NJMP
April 25-26 LRRS
May 9-10 LRRS
May 26-27 TTD @ NHMS
May 30-31 LRRS
June 12-14 LRRS Loudon Classic (3 day event)
July 18-19 LRRS
July 20-21 TTD @ NHMS
August 3-4 TTD @ NHMS
August 22-23 LRRS
September 5-6 LRRS
Sept 21-22 TTD @ Thunderbolt NJMP
October 3-4 LRRS

"TTD" is Tony's Track Days (where I instruct) and is either at New Hampshire International Speedway or Thunderbolt @ the New Jersey Motorsports Park

"LRRS" is the Loudon Road Racing Series which takes place at New Hampshire International Speedway.

This year at Loudon I'll be racing as an Expert with the guys from East Coast Kneedraggers. Gonna be exciting as hell racing for a new team that's legitimately organized and has established connections in the industry. I haven't decided for certain what races I'll be competing in, but here are my options:

Sat
Race #2 Ex GTL (20 min.)
Race #7 Ex LW Superbike

Sun
Race #5 Ex MW Production Twins (IF I get a stock exhaust... not likely)
Race #7 Ex LW Supersport
Race #11 Ex Thunderbike
Race #12 Ex LW Gran Prix

I'll probably end up doing GTL & LWSB on Saturday and LWSS & LWGP on Sunday.

In addition to the track stuff I'm currently taking the MSF RiderCoach Workshop through Ironstone Ventures. It's four consecutive weekends (8a-6p on Sat and Sun) & once I pass I'll be teaching the MSF BRC on various weekends that I'm available.

Definitely gonna be an exciting 2009 riding season!

How bout you guys? Am I gonna see any of you at NHMS or NJMP?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Awesome. Now we know exactly where not to be. :D

My schedule this year will be about the same as last year - one track day per month @ NHMS April -October. I ride with TTD whenever possible and with Penguin the rest of the time (also going to be doing cars with SCDA this year). I don’t plan the exact dates until about a month in advance (TTD discount!), that way I can minimize the impact on the rest of my life by having some flexibility.

Oh! Say! Since you might be in the know….any updates in the rumor about a new NHMS track?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey Marc! Oh man I dindt know about that! Getting to NJ is not easy for me - but that sounds like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I heard about that... but I'm taking more time off work than I already should.

Besides, even if I could take more time off from work, I'd just head down to NJMP with Tony. No offense ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i'll be doing 75% of the Wera nationals, and select suzuki paying regional races. no track days for me.......ever.

·
Registered
107 Posts
after bowing out of the first north florida wera regional. im now banking on hitting more national rounds this year. roebling next week, maybe tally a couple weeks after that. jennings in april, VIR for cycle jam, might make it to that new track in kentucky, barber and of course the gnf at road a...
first ride on the sv didnt go so great. wish i got more time on it this weekend, but will have a full practice day next friday at roebling to got to know the bike a little better...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i miss loudon, but it's so expensive to drive up there. :(
i suppose i would miss it too if i couldn't race there for a couple years, but the track surface really su(ks these days. i can't wait to see all the new and interesting bumps and dips this past winter has created....

i hear the new NHMS track ownership is interested in creating a brand new copy of the current track on another section of the land, possibly in the interest of luring AMA racing back. i would be a happy camper if that happens....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I haven't heard specifics about the layout, but I DO know... almost for 100% certain that the new ownership DOES want to build a new track and eventually bring back the AMA boys. They even had people out back surveying the land last summer & I'd be willing to bet they probably would have already broken ground for it if the economy didn't crap the bed the way it did.

The other half of the plan includes grandstands ALL the way around the NASCAR oval... hopefully that doesn't happen until AFTER we have another road course, otherwise we'd be outta luck at least until they completed the new road course. I'm sure the "order of operations" depends on where their priorities lay but I don't think they'll leave us up a creek like that.

Sideways, what's your race number? How long have you been an expert? I just got my white plates this year.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My current plan is 7 track days sprinkled throughout the year and 3 race weekends, with my first race in June hopefully. Up from 8 track days last year. I'd rather do more but it's just too expensive =|

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm a Baltimoron so mid atlantic, mostly Summit and NJMP with a couple trips planned to VIR. So far schedule is looking like this:
April 11 NJMP
April 20 NJMP (lightning)
May 14 VIR
June 5 Summit
June 6/7 Summit w/ WERA

Everything else is with nesba, after that I'm trying to do a few more trackdays and a race weekend at VIR in aug (cycle jam I think). Maybe a weekend at Beav...

I just got an 04 Tuono also and my SV is going track only this year- whodda thought :p

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh snap, Lightning on April 20th? I'll be on Thunderbolt. Feel free to come on over & say 'hi' afterwards, I'll be around all night into the next day.

Look for the black/yellow 2nd gen, #187. That's me :)

(I SHOULD have my new paint scheme done by then so it won't look like it does in my avatar)

·
Registered
211 Posts
5 or 6 AMA Moto-GT Rounds (next round Road Atlanta in three weeks)
3-4 CCS Club Racing weekends at Summit and VIR
15-20 days coaching with Team Promotion at VIR and NJMP

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
what bike you guys running at the moto-gt rounds?

·
Registered
211 Posts
06 SV650, Gary my teammate had a crash at the CCS races the weekend before at Daytona and we had two black flags during the two hour race so that hurt, we finished 8th as a result out of 12. If it gets on TV you will see slow motion shots of the exhaust splitting in two and packing flying out onto the track. (there was a tiny crack and we thought stainless would stay together). The other black flag was due to our bodywork dragging and eventually pulled the bolt out that holds on the upper fairing. Next round will be better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
CCS
April 18-19 Carolina Motorsports Park
May 23-25 Summit Point
June 20-21 Virginia International Raceway
July 4-5 Summit Point
July 24-26 New Jersey Motorsports Park
August 28-30 Summit Point
September 19-20 Virginia International Raceway

A mix of lightweight and middleweight races.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks like my schedule. I'll need you to show me the line down in Jersey. I'll be rocking the new SV. Just ordered some last needed parts from Street and Comp. Believe it or not he actually had the best prices on everything I needed.

KB

1 - 20 of 52 Posts