Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its a 250 ninja '99 with 8K miles on it for $1400, havent bought it yet, and don't know if their firm, but ive looked at it and the thing is in really good shape, minus one crack in the fairing that was repaired on the inside and is only cosmetic, its about 4 inches long, and hardly noticable. Whats a good price to pay for this bike? I was going to look with him at an sv650, but some ******* on this forum rushed down to steal it away from us after reading my post.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That's a pretty sweet deal if the bike is in good condition. I paid $3,000 for my '01 with 4,700 miles on it here in CA last January (just to give you some basis for comparison).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just 8k miles on a '99? Heck, thats nothing. I've got almost that on my '06 now. And 1400 is darn near pocket change. Sounds like a great deal to me.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yea, thats a REALLY good deal, I got my 99 with 29k miles when I baught it for 1800. Sucks somebody went down and got it before you from this forum man, thats douche. But are you sure it was somebody off of here?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
havent bought it yet, and don't know if their firm, but ive looked at it and the thing is in really good shape
Are you going to put down some cash and actually purchase it? Or are you going to say that you found the bike to buy, then screw around, let some more time pass, and then get angry when someone else shows up with cash in hand and purchases it?

I was going to look with him at an sv650, but some ******* on this forum rushed down to steal it away from us after reading my post.
How do you know that it was someone here that bought it? Did the seller advertise it anywhere? Was the seller actively trying to sell it? Just because you posted here, doesn't guarantee that it was someone here that purchased the bike. Oh, and if someone else bought it, they didn't "steal" it. Money talks.

And it wasn't me. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Anyone wanna buy a used SV? Low miles, in decent shape. I just bought it. I got a good deal, so I can pass the savings along.

:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That is a really good price. I would give him the full pop and not even bother trying to haggle.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i'm confused about the timing of events, how did he steal it out from under you when you just posted this thread an hour ago?

·
Registered
905 Posts
its a '99 with 8K miles on it for $1400, havent bought it yet, and don't know if their firm, but ive looked at it and the thing is in really good shape, minus one crack in the fairing that was repaired on the inside and is only cosmetic, its about 4 inches long, and hardly noticable. Whats a good price to pay for this bike? I was going to look with him at an sv650, but some ******* on this forum rushed down to steal it away from us after reading my post.

Have to see it in person to judge its worth. Where is the bike located? While you're at it, what is the seller's contact info?

:p

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
its a '99 with 8K miles on it for $1400...I was going to look with him at an sv650, but some ******* on this forum rushed down to steal it away from us after reading my post.
Is this one an SV? You weren't exactly clear. If that's an SV that's a great price and you would smart to not screw around any if you guys want it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you going to put down some cash and actually purchase it? Or are you going to say that you found the bike to buy, then screw around, let some more time pass, and then get angry when someone else shows up with cash in hand and purchases it?

How do you know that it was someone here that bought it? Did the seller advertise it anywhere? Was the seller actively trying to sell it? Just because you posted here, doesn't guarantee that it was someone here that purchased the bike. Oh, and if someone else bought it, they didn't "steal" it. Money talks.

And it wasn't me. :)
Well, the guy told the seller he was trying to beat me to it, cause i talked with him afterwards. He sold the sv for $1250 and i know how to buy a ******* bike, i was just 3 hours away from the original bike, sorry guy i forgot to mention we were no longer looking at SV's cause their too expensive for my buddie. He's super stoked about the 250, their fun little bikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you posted this BS up before about someone stealing the bike you were going to look at. If you didn't put money down or tell the guy you wanted it I don't think he stole it from you, you got beat, grow the F up. I'm not trying to be a a-hole but this stuff happens, part of life. What lesson have you learned: DON'T TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK AT A BIKE AND DON'T TELL THEM THE LOCATION!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts