Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm calling it quits from the Air Force, and will be getting out next month. I was told to turn over all of my projects so the new folks will be forced to learn them. All my subordinates have been moved to a new supervisor. I've done as much of the paperwork to separate as I can. So what the hell do I do for the next month?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Well, first off, congrats. Welcome to the 'real' world. I exited the USAF in 1993, with no regrets. It's nice to make real money. :p

I say you call in sick for the next month and go ride. Tell 'em you caught the pig flu.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Have some "appointments" or "briefings" to go to:) When I make my departure in a little over six years, people won't even see me for at least the last three months. How long were you in for?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt- I'm just finishing up my 6 years.
Trambo- Per CSAF or SECDEF or CMSAF or some other important acronym person, I cannot say I have swine flu, I have been stricken with the "H1N1 influenza outbreak". :mad:

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Yeah, but 'splain to them that PIG flu is much different from this 'swine' or H377-whatever version they speak of.

Pig flu is exceptionally deadly. And way more contagious. You can get it just by reading about it on the interweb. Oops.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well Captain, my Captain, good for you. What are your plans for the 1st CivDiv. job market? I would take it easy until you check out. Since you have given your job assignments and personnel to others, just sit back and "F--- off". That's a month of free money. I would find ways to do alot of "PT" (insert here-ride bike). Good luck in your future endevors.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good on ya! I got out last july. I still do miss some things but on the whole I'm glad I didn't reenlist.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oz - I'm FIGMO at this point, that brings with it a lot of boredom though. Right now I'm looking for a contracting job on base. We're a huge comm center and military is outnumbered 5:1 by civilians.

JPL - It's just time for me to go. I've had a good career and I came in wanting to do 20, but the AF found a way to beat that desire out of me. Sure I'm going to miss parts of it, but I have some good opportunities right now I want to take.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I spent my last days of active looking for a job... and playing w/ remote-control cars... and freezing things with the liquid nitrogen... and basically phucking off.

Have you given though to staying in the reserves? It's not a bad deal, especially if your civillian job will give you paid time off to do it (mine gives me 3 weeks, plus comp time - earned hours above 40 per week). It's a nice change of pace and gives me some extra dough (Captain's pay this year WOOHOO!) to blow on random sh!t.

Check it out. See if you can score a cush federal job, which will give you PTO for reserve duty, and then see if you can get an IMA reserve position. At least talk to the reserve recruiter.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blah blah blah I'm an officer you have to listen to me blah blah
You read my mind Cap. I'm getting a contracting job until my cush GS slot is available next FY, so I'm just biding my time till I can come back. I have to talk to the in service recruiter soon because I do want to do the reserves.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts