Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my bike during a low speed right turn. The break away part cracked a bit, so I did a ghetto thing and just taped it up a bit with some scotch tape. Hey, that's all I had at the time. Finally, on Saturday, while riding on the freeway, I felt something hit my right knee. I look over at my lever and the end is gone.

Now...I went to my local Suzuki dealer and they told me that I needed to replace the whole break lever and the parts that go along with it. Something like $50!! WTF? Is that right?1 I'm a n00b and all I want is a new break lever!

Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Brake*

I let my girlfriend ride my bike and she gently set it down on its side, breaking the brake lever as well. I think it was like $15 through parts unlimited, but then again I get it at cost but $50 stil seems steep, I would think $20-30 range.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm one of the fools that payed Suzuki $50 for that brand new OEM brake lever. Actually I told a friend to pick it up (I didn't know the cost at the time and I never thought it would be $50 bucks). He paid for it so I had to pay him.

When they say parts that go along with it, they probably mean the lever adjuster wheel.

Anyway, I still have it, sealed in package and never opened.

You can have it for $25 shipped. (for 03+ sv650)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Use some steel epoxy and make a ball-end to go over the broken part -- instant ghetto shortie lever. Plasti-Dip over it if you want to hide the gray epoxy. $10, max. And you may decide to do the same to the clutch lever (no additional cost).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts