Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, very close call.

i was going like 50 or so and i came over a little hill only to see a huge limo parked across the road taking up both lanes! i started pumping my front brake and hit the rear only to lock it up a little. there was about 4 ft in front of the limo where i could go right beside a telephone pole. he started moving forward! now i have like 3ft but he stopped and i skidded threw. this all happened really fast.

i turned around and the dude got out and asked if i was alright. meanwhile the limo is still in the same position. i said a few choice words and went home.

wow, ok im done.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
pucker factor = 9.75

:)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah, I got full on brake checked on an interstate last weekend...you just don't expect someone to go from 75 to 25 on a highway. Good thing I had my eyes up had decent following distance, and reacted properly. Glad to see you made it without incident.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
what's wrong with my avatar???

·
Registered
571 Posts
i had an experience very similar to that a couple months ago. i was riding along some nice backroads and cresting a very slight hill. on the other side a bobcat, as in the excavation equipment, decided to cross the road at the same time. i luckily made it through unscathed, but i pulled over up the road a little bit and had to sit until my hands stopped shaking.

glad you're here to tell us about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts