Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I wish I had that hour and a half back in my life. I can't believe the shear amount of crap that was in that movie. I mean, people actually paid to see this! I got to see it for free over at my brothers house, since there was nothing else on that morning.

Now, I'd heard all kinds of stuff about this movie, but only decided to watch it so I could find out for myself. I hate making assumptions about things I don't witness for myself. I use the word "witness" because the movie was a crime agains all things related to motorcycles.

The special effects suck. There's no excuse. Even "The Fast and the Furious" had better special effects. Which isn't saying much. I think every camera shot had some kind of "zoom in" effect incorperated into it in some way. The stunts were so outrageous that only a 5 year old with ADD would find them interesting, and to mention again, they didn't even look real!!!

It's a tie for the worst scene ever put on to film. The chase sequence on the train, and the "Link to the Crime" scene. The physics of the train race sequence are just... well... Einstein would be pissed. "Ford" is in front of the train with Ice Cube chasing him from on top of the train. Since it's very clear that both are going at top speed, wouldn't Ice Cube catch Ford, since his speed is relative to the train, and not to the ground? No. Of course not. Because this movie sucks!!

The other is the explination of how they can link the bad guy to the crime using his one chain link of his bike. Apparently, each sprocket is different and leaves it's own original marks on each link of the chain. Like a fingerprint. BS!! It's a sprocket. IT'S MACHINED!! They better all be the same!

Anyway, I just had to get this stuff of my chest. Slitting my wrist would just be too good for a movie this bad, and then I'd have to put off riding for a while. So I decided against that a while ago. I know that there's got to be some people on this site that found the movie accurate and well thought-out. For that I am sorry for you. I just wish I had all that time back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I watched it recently too (free of course). Had to take it in segments because I couldn't stand watching it all at once... Thought I'd better know what I was talking about if I was to talk crap about it...

It seriously ranks among the 10 worst movies I've ever seen. Another really crappy MC movie is "Cool as Ice" with Vanilla Ice... Now I just need to watch Biker Boyz as well, but I'm afraid I'd have to kill myself afterwards... :x

·
Registered
109 Posts
Haha don't do it, "BikerBoys" blows ten times worse.
You will want to rip your eye's out after that one :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, that movie blows beyond all comprehension.

I rented it for the hell of it about a month and a half ago because I had nothing better to do, and.....wow....it was awful. Ice cube SUCKS as an actor in anything he does, especially this movie, and none of the other guys did very well either.

Everybody probably has their own scenes that they hated the most in the movie. Mine would definately have to be the scene where the two women are fighting on the motorcycles. It was horrible. It's like "CRAZY KILLER ENDO TO THE HEAD, BEOTCH!!", but really the worst part of that scene was when the two skanks look back at each other and then do that twisting wheelie thing and hit their front wheels in the air, and then they just reversed the scene to get them back on the ground.

·
Registered
198 Posts
g_man500a said:
Everybody probably has their own scenes that they hated the most in the movie. Mine would definately have to be the scene where the two women are fighting on the motorcycles. It was horrible. It's like "CRAZY KILLER ENDO TO THE HEAD, BEOTCH!!", but really the worst part of that scene was when the two skanks look back at each other and then do that twisting wheelie thing and hit their front wheels in the air, and then they just reversed the scene to get them back on the ground.
ahh, you beat me to it, that scene was special olympics stupid. im sure even squidly motorcyclists winced while watching it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
just like mission impossible... I love the automatic change from street to off road tires...

or the hummer that keeps up with super sports

although the cartoon final chase on the Y2K takes the cake for most half assed computer effects I have ever seen in my life :x

I want to gauge out my eyes just thinking of it

·
Registered
920 Posts
I can't remember who originally said it, but this quote pretty much sums up how I feel about things in the movies that require a person to check their brain at the door.....and forget that what they're seeing is impossible to achieve.

Of course, this only applies to things the movie makers attempt to *portray* as real......like the car chases and such. Anyway here goes.....

"If anything CAN happen, who cares WHAT happens?" :p

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Heyyyyyyy that movie is on On-Demand this month! Who ah! I can watch it whenever I want to for free now! who ah!.

lmao.

Yeah I actually did the same thing, wasn't much on so I watched it from beginning to end. Hey, if anything it was good for laughs. Not at the jokes but at the lame and outrageous crap in it.

The backflip on the Y2K takes the cake, though.

V

·
0 Posts
My wife and I were both home sick this weekend and we caught that piece of dreck on HBO. It would have been good for a laugh if it didn't suck so bad. I actually started to get pissed off. Like ACS said, they stole a couple hours of my life there.

IT'S A CHAIN LINK, NOT A BULLET, IT DOESN'T HAVE A UNIQUE WEAR PATTERN FER CHRISSAKES!

Oh yeah, and when Ice Cube answers the cell phone call by slamming the chatterbox into the side of his helmet and then takes both hands off the handlebars at speed to read a fuggin MAP?

All right, I'm going to stop now, I;m actually getting pissed AGAIN

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
But isn't the choregraphy of simultaneous kickstands great :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
449 Posts
i think I started lauging when that guy handed the phone to Ice Cube while he was riding.

I laughed also, when they went off road then all of a sudden the bikes "transformed" into dirtbikes.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
vtwinaddict said:
My wife and I were both home sick this weekend and we caught that piece of dreck on HBO. It would have been good for a laugh if it didn't suck so bad. I actually started to get pissed off. Like ACS said, they stole a couple hours of my life there.

IT'S A CHAIN LINK, NOT A BULLET, IT DOESN'T HAVE A UNIQUE WEAR PATTERN FER CHRISSAKES!

Oh yeah, and when Ice Cube answers the cell phone call by slamming the chatterbox into the side of his helmet and then takes both hands off the handlebars at speed to read a fuggin MAP?

All right, I'm going to stop now, I;m actually getting pissed AGAIN
LOL...oh man. Yeah that little scene was a nice pile of BS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ASCSurveyor said:
The physics of the train race sequence are just... well... Einstein would be pissed. "Ford" is in front of the train with Ice Cube chasing him from on top of the train. Since it's very clear that both are going at top speed, wouldn't Ice Cube catch Ford, since his speed is relative to the train, and not to the ground?

The other is the explination of how they can link the bad guy to the crime using his one chain link of his bike. Apparently, each sprocket is different and leaves it's own original marks on each link of the chain. Like a fingerprint. BS!! It's a sprocket. IT'S MACHINED!! They better all be the same!
Okay, top speed is generally relatively to aero drag rather than RPM limited. In that case, the top speed would be the same, no matt if he's on the top of a train or not. Sure the scene is BS, but is not because of the bike's top speed.

As far as sproket "finger printing" They can match up typed letters to the type writer that made them and Bullets to the gun that fired them. Those are machined too. No idea if they can really match chain wear to a sproket, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

But yah, it was a terrible. movie.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, top speed is generally relatively to aero drag rather than RPM limited. In that case, the top speed would be the same, no matt if he's on the top of a train or not. Sure the scene is BS, but is not because of the bike's top speed.
You're talking about terminal velocity. I'm talking about relative speed. Say both bikes are reading 100mph on their speedo's. Bike #1 is 100mph relative to the ground. Bike #2 is relative to the train. If the train is going... say... 50mph, then Bike #2 is going 150mph, relative the the ground. Therefore, he should have no problem catching, if not jumping over, Bike #1.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ASCSurveyor said:
You're talking about terminal velocity. I'm talking about relative speed. Say both bikes are reading 100mph on their speedo's. Bike #1 is 100mph relative to the ground. Bike #2 is relative to the train. If the train is going... say... 50mph, then Bike #2 is going 150mph, relative the the ground. Therefore, he should have no problem catching, if not jumping over, Bike #1.
Well, sure if you're not talking about top speed (terminal velocity usually refers to falling, doesnt it?).

But in any case the scene sucks.
They'd run out of train freaking quick. The ride between cars would mess up the suspension badly/ throw the rider at any kind of speed. Maybe if he was on a supermoto or something on the train.... then the scene would make alot more sense.

V

·
0 Posts
I don't f'ing believe it :shock:

One of the worst, most ridiculous, inane movies ever commited to celluloid has actually spawned a physics discussion!

The members of this board really are too smart for their own good!

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Hey, if threads didn't spawn into something else they wouldn't be as near as interesting. Kudos to us all!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts