Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been crazy nice here for the time of year, but with the time change I know the season is winding down and no amount of ardent denial will change it now. So, did you all have a good season this year? Mine was pretty excellent. Didn't get any trips in due to work and time constraints, but I rode almost every day to and from work at least and was in the mountains almost every weekend since about May. I lost track of mileage (partially because I have two bikes on the road, partially because I didn't bother keeping track) but I feel pretty satisfied. I've continued to learn all season, and I think my riding has improved which is the best sign of a good summer to me.

Hope you all had a good one and enjoy any rides you get in between now and spring! If you live in Cali, well just don't rub it in too hard.

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
good: rode some minigp practice days
good: rode some track days
bad: didnt get advanced class training, and didnt get paid to ride tracks (that was the plan)
good: bought an awesome sv track bike
bad: trashed bodywork on the awesome sv track bike (first real crash in ages)
bad: didnt go racing
good: sold 3 bikes i didnt really enjoy
bad: bought a shitty expensive ass bmw i didnt really enjoy (still for sale)
bad: didnt go to the dragon
bad: didnt go to motogp/cota
neutral: didnt teach any real classes (but did teach a few noobs in the wild).
good: did do a bunch of parking lot gymkhana-type-stuff
neutral: rode maybe 500 miles on roads

so yeah this year mostly sucked donkey dick.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Overall, it was very good. UK Covid lockdowns in March - June coincided with a long period of ridiculously good weather so I was always able to sack off working-from-home for a couple of hours and head to the hills. The lockdowns meant very little traffic on the roads to, which made riding so much more fun.

The only gripe was that I couldn't get to my usual favourite long ride routes in Wales for a couple of months because of Covid restrictions. But even so, I've racked up 10,000 miles of pure pleasure riding this year.

The weather here is set fair for the next week or so too, which means I should get a couple of final trips to the Welsh coast before winter sets in.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
It seems that, despite being retired, I spend less time with my motorcycles than I thought I would. Maybe 3000 miles total between my two motorcycles. I did, however, turn 100,000 lifetime miles on my bicycle this year - pedaled 3400 so far in 2020.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Really happy with mine. I had done a road racing school back in 2018 - my first taste of riding on track - but injured my knee badly playing soccer shortly thereafter. Spent 2 years with surgery and rehab, and finally got out to track again this summer on an SV I picked up last year. I initially thought I'd split it between track and street, but I've totally lost interest in riding street now. Still a novice and lots to learn, but that's what I like the most about it - there's always room for improvement. Here's a clip from a track day on a shorter more technical circuit (CTMP DDT) and another longer clip from my last day of the season at another more popular track here in Ontario (Shannonville). Looking forward to 2021!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not good. Only around 5000 km, including one trip to Montenegro (1100 km). Canceled trip to Dolomites.

·
MOTORADOR
10,829 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Reminds me of a fella I knew back home. Fell off a 10-story building. As he passed each floor, people inside heard him say, "So far so gooooooodddd..."

-Magnificent Seven

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was a great season as it was the first with my '19 SV. A bit shy of 4000 miles — no epic long road trips, just lots and lots of daily jaunts into the country. Thinking the riding season is about over here in MN, however. About to put her in storage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Completely refreshed the SV from a dusty corner of the garage to looking really great. Did my first ever track day (in 13 years of riding!) and then did 3 more. So, awesome season for me!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Despite being in central Kentucky I ride year round. There are times my bikes sit for two or three weeks in winter, but the temperature can fluctuate wildly here and I'll get a chance to ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts