Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
That was pretty cool to watch, I would like to try it just for fun, or maybe for improvement on real quick maneuvers, by no means could i keep up with that guy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya' I figure...let me try,- but call the ambulance now so they can get a head start...

kutch

·
Registered
397 Posts
its done in japan ;D the same crazy ppl that invented driving sideways...for those that have no clue what I'm talking about, I mean drifting ;) Those silly japanese ppl :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
shekshishekki said:
its done in japan ;D the same crazy ppl that invented driving sideways...for those that have no clue what I'm talking about, I mean drifting ;) Those silly japanese ppl :p
The japanese did not invent drifting. They may have stuck a name to it but they did not invent it.

Carry on.:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
abass84 said:
That was pretty cool to watch, I would like to try it just for fun, or maybe for improvement on real quick maneuvers, by no means could i keep up with that guy.
+1 That looks fun!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I wanna do that. +on having the ambulance on standby(maybe my dr. and surgens as well)

·
Registered
449 Posts
this is awesome. you need some serious bike control to get in on this game. No, i've never seen it in the states. Its one of those disciplines that just never really catch on over here, much like trials riding.

M

·
0 Posts
I've seen this video many times. Always amazing to see the skill of that guy ....

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
MorgothSauron said:
I've seen this video many times. Always amazing to see the skill of that guy ....
+1

Y'all should see the same type of race done by an old school Mini. It does an endo at the end of it's race. :eek:

Josh

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
It would never catch on in the states, it requires actual skill and it isn't done on the biggest, fastest, most obnoxious vehicle on the planet.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Mr. Black said:
The japanese did not invent drifting.  They may have stuck a name to it but they did not invent it.

Carry on.:)
maybe not invented... but I think that is where it started... I still recall seeing a video in Gran Tourismo 3 I think or maybe another game that showed one oF Japan's finest drivers slinging a Skyline around a track like a shifter cart. This was at least a few years before I ever heard of drifting and was not really done in US except maybe by those musxle cars fish-tailing around solo cross tracks and your local neighborhood :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Properly hooked up BMW's have been drifting around turns on race tracks througout Europe for years..they just decided to keep it as part of racing, as opposed to making its own thing.

L

·
0 Posts
looks like a Japanese gymkhana but with bikes kinda like autox only less directions on track you have to memorize the track

as for drifting the generally accepted story is it started in japan when ppl were street racing down the mountains and the fastest way around the hairpins was to slide it and it just spawned from there

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's done here in the States. IIRC Buell sponsored some similar events last year in selected cities.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts