Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my chain and rear sprocket is toast. Sounds a little early as the original set lasted 20k.

Sticking links, lot of variation in chain lack when rotating wheel, and rear sprocket is shark finned. Front sprocket is fine.

Maintenance was done every 12-1500 so 14k could make sense.

Would prefer longevity on the next set, sticking to 525. This was an EK chain, steel Driven rear, steel pitbull front.

Brands you would recommend, preferably something different

Price under $200

So far option #1 is a DID chain & Superlite steel sprockets for $190 shipped.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Any DID, RK, EK chain should be fine. Pick what fits your budget.
Same for sprockets- Renthal, Superlite, Moose, Driven, etc...
Check with Sprocketcenter.com, MotorcycleSuperstore, or any of the other M/C wares places, even site sponsors like Blair (SVRP)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The driven rear sprocket and EK chain didn't last as long as I'd like, so would prefer to try something else to see how it compares

Probably going with the DID and Superlite's from sprocketcenter

·
Registered
71 Posts
The driven rear sprocket and EK chain didn't last as long as I'd like, so would prefer to try something else to see how it compares

Probably going with the DID and Superlite's from sprocketcenter
As in every other product line EK has high end chains and entry level chains. I have the EK, 530 SRX with 10k miles and it has stretched very little. You get what you pay for, spend $80 twice in 24 months, or $160 once. Your call.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have the EK SRX as well but in 525. I have a 650 though so its about the same as you having a 530

At 10-11k the chain only need to be adjusted once. In the last 3-4k I've adjusted it 3 times and this last time the slack varies about .75", links are now starting to stick as well.

Cleaned/lubed at about 1200 miles, slack checked much more often though, maybe 400-500.

Been 2 years so its slightly early but still understandable.

Thinking 16/45 with the DID chain and Superlites, waiting to find out if in stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts