Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, two quick questions:

1) Over the course of 300 miles, I've noticed my coolant overflow reservoir slowing draining. It's probably dropped like 1/32 of an inch since I filled it. Is there a way to see where it's leaking? I see no marks on my fairing or on the inside of my lower fairing. I also see no marks around the rad cap and the hose leading into the reservoir. Do you guys know of a way to figure out where the leak is?

2) I started up my bike and the FI light came on. Bike didn't prime. Turned it off, waited a bit, and turned it back on, and it primed fine. I did the dealer mode tool and no error code popped up. Took it out, FI light came on, plugged tool back in, worked fine. WHAT?!? Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
1/32 of an inch is nothing. that could be not having the bike at the same position on level ground. also the level in the reservoir can change depending on operating temp of the bike. i wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Hi guys, two quick questions:

1) Over the course of 300 miles, I've noticed my coolant overflow reservoir slowing draining. It's probably dropped like 1/32 of an inch since I filled it. Is there a way to see where it's leaking? I see no marks on my fairing or on the inside of my lower fairing. I also see no marks around the rad cap and the hose leading into the reservoir. Do you guys know of a way to figure out where the leak is?

2) I started up my bike and the FI light came on. Bike didn't prime. Turned it off, waited a bit, and turned it back on, and it primed fine. I did the dealer mode tool and no error code popped up. Took it out, FI light came on, plugged tool back in, worked fine. WHAT?!? Has this happened to anyone else?

Your second issue sounds like my C42 error which I have suspected is a faulty wire under the tank near the steering neck(haven't had time to fiddle with it yet). C42 is anti theft system which won't let the bike prime/start and gives a flashing FI error. What I usually do when mine goes off, a) insert key and put it "off" position. Sit on the bike, kick stand up, bike straight, move the handles left to right a few times. b) put her in "on" and see if the FI light is gone. So far it's gone away each time I've done this.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1/32 of an inch is nothing. that could be not having the bike at the same position on level ground. also the level in the reservoir can change depending on operating temp of the bike. i wouldn't worry about it.
I've checked it always in the same spot in my garage and I would turn on the bike to make sure it's around the same temp (75~) before checking. It's definitely leaking somewhere. It's definitely noticeable.

Your second issue sounds like my C42 error which I have suspected is a faulty wire under the tank near the steering neck(haven't had time to fiddle with it yet). C42 is anti theft system which won't let the bike prime/start and gives a flashing FI error. What I usually do when mine goes off, a) insert key and put it "off" position. Sit on the bike, kick stand up, bike straight, move the handles left to right a few times. b) put her in "on" and see if the FI light is gone. So far it's gone away each time I've done this.
Yea, that's what I've been doing also. Almost exactly what you've done and it's been working so far. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much haha.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Not sure how long that fix is going to hold up. I need to further diagnose it, as time allows. I'll try to keep you updated on how my troubleshooting/repair goes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how long that fix is going to hold up. I need to further diagnose it, as time allows. I'll try to keep you updated on how my troubleshooting/repair goes.
The first time this happened was after my first ever canyon run, I ran pretty slow, top speed maybe 50 mph but I revved pretty high at times, topped at 7k I believe. When did yours first appear?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
About a week ago, cruising around downtown looking for a building. Pulled over to check the nav on the cell phone. Wouldn't start back up. Fiddled with her till it did. Then didn't do it for a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts