Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys! I'm hoping for some advice here... I just put on a Yoshi RS-3C slip on and after waiting for an hour for the sealant to take effect I went for a 5 minute ride. When I came back I noticed some smoke coming out of the pipe (and a slightly burning smell).

I made a mistake with the sealant when I applied the first time... I applied it too deep in the slip on and then attempted to take it out with a paper towel. I then reapplied to the slip on area.

I'm thinking it's the portion of the sealant that i applied to deep that settled past the old pipe. Do you think this is what is smoking? Or is it just a normal product of putting on a new slip on??

I'm worried!!!!:confused3::confused3:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
The sealant isn't fully cured; sheet metal is usually coated with a thin layer of oil before products are produced and sometimes only get burned off when heat is applied. It should be okay.

Sent from my right shoe phone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sealant isn't fully cured; sheet metal is usually coated with a thin layer of oil before products are produced and sometimes only get burned off when heat is applied. It should be okay.

Sent from my right shoe phone.
thanks for the explanation... is it bad if some of the sealant is directly exposed (as in, it is not between the two pipes)?

·
Registered
117 Posts
thanks for the explanation... is it bad if some of the sealant is directly exposed (as in, it is not between the two pipes)?
Bad? From a functional perspective? No. From a cosmetic perspective? That's up to you.

Just remove any excess you can; it shouldn't be too difficult. Honestly, you don't exactly need an airtight seal between the pipe and new muffler. Many exhausts are simply slip-fit together and secured with springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts