Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a smoked visor for my helmet. I have a scorpion EXO-700. It is a pretty good helmet for the price. I decided that i finally needed to get a tinted visor when i was riding with my wife and i was at a stop light and i had to have her tell me when it turned green (she has a tinted visor) because the sun was behind the light and it was like looking at a solar eclipse so i could see anything. Well anyways. I was wondering if there is any special care that i should know about the visor. I hear that they scratch easy? what should you clean them with? mine didn't come with any care instructions. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are two particular cleaners/polishes that I highly recommend for cleaning plastic visors, fairings, windscreens, etc. The first is Plexus which is my personal favorite, and recently I picked up some Honda spray polish. Both are fantastic and don't scratch. Be sure you also pick up some microfiber cloths at your local auto parts store. They are another key part of avoiding scratches. By the way, both cleaners can be purchased at just about any cycle shop for about $6-10. A can will last me 6 months or more. Pretty good deal in my book. Hope that helps.

Chibb

·
Registered
899 Posts
+1 on the Plexus! I use it on my visors (tinted by the way) windscreen, and body work! Cleans and polishs and I have never had a problem! By the way, old soft 100% cotton t-shirts work great for polishing the tinted visor!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Super_Spark said:
I hear that they scratch easy?
its the iridium/chrome looking visors that scratch super easy... regular tint should be just as durable as your clear visor

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot for the info. I will pickup some of that polish.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
plexus is the roxor 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Personally I take the cheap way out, I just use Walmart lens cleaner ($3.00) and a microfiber cloth ($1.50) from the same place. I use it on my glasses, my visor, and my helmet. It's not fancy but it's safe for all coated and non-coated lenses and you get free refills so it's basically a lifetime supply.

·
Registered
703 Posts
After reading the above responses I feel like such a pleb. I've been using a generic dish sponge with one drop of dawn detergent on it to clean my EXO-700 dark smoke shield. I just wipe off the soap with a wet sponge and dry with a regular dish cloth. I've been doing this for around 3000 miles now and have no marks or scratches. Except for the chip caused by a rock thrown up by a truck on the highway at 75mph.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
what wonderjosh said.

but please remember to carry a clear shield or some clear glasses if you're going to be out when it gets dark. riding with a tinted visor after sunset sucks. trust me

·
Registered
286 Posts
stranger said:
what wonderjosh said.

but please remember to carry a clear shield or some clear glasses if you're going to be out when it gets dark. riding with a tinted visor after sunset sucks. trust me
Riding with a tinted visor AND sunglasses after sunset blows. That's why I carry around a pair of clear work glasses too. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts