Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to buy something other than a clear windscreen?

Does anyone have pictures of some?

Its for an 05 svs

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Well if you're not looking for a different style windscreen then i'd say go to your local O'reillys or similar auto parts story and buy plastic spray paint and paint it yourself, thats what i did.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
here's my zero gravity. picked it up for $56 new. i wish it would have came with the rubber wells but oh well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got the dark black one on my 07 SVS. I like it, and you can still partially see through it if you're tucked. I don't have any pictures, but I ordered mine from Newenough.com

·
Registered
904 Posts
Zero Grav double bubble dark smoke.
If you wear a tinted visor it's pretty tough to see through during the day, and darn near imposable at night.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't get why you would even need to look through the windscreen, i understand if you're racing it, but the only time i'm ever looking through it is when i'm flat on the tank and even then i look over it not through it (and when i'm flat on the tank i'm usually doing over 100, and that's not very often)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't get why you would even need to look through the windscreen, i understand if you're racing it, but the only time i'm ever looking through it is when i'm flat on the tank and even then i look over it not through it (and when i'm flat on the tank i'm usually doing over 100, and that's not very often)
Ride a SV1000 at 160+mph and then you will understand why you will need to look through the windscreen! :) To the OP.....go with the Dark Smoked.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
But even at extremely high speed you shouldn't be looking that close to your bike, you should be looking at whats coming up in the road, not whats directly in front of you.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I've found that even in full tuck I can kinda see over my screen. It's a good thing too, because combined with my dark-smoke EXO-700 and my dark-smoke ZG DB, it's like night time.

In other news, I think my Zero Gravity Double Bubble in dark-smoke was the single most effective cosmetic mod on my bike. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
384 Posts
But even at extremely high speed you shouldn't be looking that close to your bike, you should be looking at whats coming up in the road, not whats directly in front of you.
Lol....ummm...thats the whole point of looking through the windscreen, whats coming up and whats in front. Stop being a sissy by peeking over the windscreen! :)

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
ZG Touring Screen (Dark Smoke)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Here is my ZG Double Bubble in dark smoke. Huge improvement over stock in the looks dept., slightly less of an improvement in aero department.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I mean I had issues with my EXO-700 being noisy because of the windblast from the stock shield hitting me right under the chin-bar. Air would enter my helmet and it was really loud.

I was hoping the DB would help, and it did. It raised the windblast, but only slightly. Now it's quieter, but not as much of an improvement as I was hoping for. It still hits me about visor level now.

However, there is more room to tuck in. I'm 6' 1" BTW.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I mean I had issues with my EXO-700 being noisy because of the windblast from the stock shield hitting me right under the chin-bar. Air would enter my helmet and it was really loud.

I was hoping the DB would help, and it did. It raised the windblast, but only slightly. Now it's quieter, but not as much of an improvement as I was hoping for. It still hits me about visor level now.

However, there is more room to tuck in. I'm 6' 1" BTW.
good to know thanks Raab

1 - 20 of 37 Posts