Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ride my bike today to work, it took about 35 mins and when i stopped smoke, or something of the sort was coming out of the front of the bike and it did smell funny, i cant really describe the smell. Could it be my rad leaking ?? Its an 05 bought past may and it has 7500 kms on the bike. The temp when riding it home didn't go above 87 degrees, when i stopped at the light i noticed it again and then kept rpms below 5000 and didn't accelerate fast and there wasn't any smoke when i got home.

Any suggestions ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
was it a sweet sort of smell? If so it was probably coolant. Did u make sure u didnt run over any thing in the road and maybe get some plastic or something on your front exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
154 Posts
My guess is that your header pipe probably caught a part of a plastic grocery bag or some other foriegn element got kicked up from the road to a hot part on the bike. Check all engine parts and header pipe for dark spots or burnt up goo.
Under200

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Stupid question time....have you recently changed your oil?  That is an unavoidable thing that I've notice with my CBR.  Inevitably i will always get oil on the header pipes and it'll smoke for a few days/hours until all the oil is burnt off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts