Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the Air and Space Museum for the first time last weekend with Emma. I've only been living here for nine years now...

I really want to go again, sans children, so that I can spend more time time studying what's there. Any body else in the area wanna make a day trip of the museums on the National Mall?

More here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v166/smpr_fi_mac/Smithsonian/

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
advice-wait until the kids are old enough to appreciate it. Otherwise you carry them around all day and listen to them whine while it takes away your enjoyment of the aircraft.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I love that place

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
No, my daughter loved it. She just wanted to keep moving.
That is the place where I gave my parents a heart attack. I was so awestruck with everything in there at the age of 7 that I lost track of them, time, everything. Apparently I was moving just at the right time that they couldn't catch up with me until after a few hours the security guards found me. First time I ever heard my Dad use the f word. And he used it several times at me...

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I'm still a little p!ssed at myself for not going when I went to DC a couple years ago.
Don't be lol. My uncle lived in NYC (bronx) for 15 years before my family visited him and took him to the statue of liberty, empire state building, and ellis island. It seems that people who live close to the cool stuff often miss it. :p

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would totaly go down there for the day, but there is no way my family would let me go without them. We so rarely make it to DC that it would have to be a family event.

We went last year to the Air & Space and my daughter loved it, until we went into see a planetarium show. THe lights went down and the giant spider thing came up and she freaked!!! It was kind of cool though because that thing scared the crap out of me when I was a kid too. Neat that we share the same phobias. :hug:

Oh well, maybe when they get older and will appreciate it more. The natual history (Dinosaur) museum is fantastic though.

RK

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I'd be up for it. I'd like to take the new wifey. She's only been in country for 2 weeks, and has lots to see.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts