Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Need some help. My bike smells like gas - specially when I'm at stops. My wife rode behind me in our car and she can smell the gas too even when I'm rriding in front and not just stopped. I opened the airbox and there's no gas there.

My bike's an '03 with a K&N filter (been there before the smell). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well its probly running rich.. although the K&N woulda made it run lean if anything... i beleive... Im sure somone here will chime in with a better responce, but i would check to make sure its getting enough air, check the airbox, check the filter for air flow, etc.. If not, id take it to a dealership for some diagnostics.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Check the drain tube

Open the gas cap and you will see a couple of drain holes in the recess. There have been reports about the drain tubes (which run through the tank) not being welded properly. This lets fuel that is sloshing in the tank drain out through the tubes (which are really meant to keep water from pooling in the recess). Raise the tank and trace the plastic lines that are attached to the drains. See if they smell of fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts