Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's a pic of an 04 radiator: (GoodKat's photo)

And here's a pic of an 05+ compared to a 1st gen: (can't remember whose picture this is)

If you look at the upper mounting tabs, (they are same width on each) you can see that the 03-04 is a bit wider.

Here's a before & after on mine:

(more pics and info in this thread)
So you used an '05 rad? I see you also did a front end swap (i think =P). Was the rad swap a "bolt on" procedure? I'm also looking to get a smaller radiator, but don't have the luxury of doing any custom work.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
So you used an '05 rad? I see you also did a front end swap (i think =P). Was the rad swap a "bolt on" procedure? I'm also looking to get a smaller radiator, but don't have the luxury of doing any custom work.

No, I put a 1st gen radiator on my 04. The 05+ is an improvement over the 03/04 radiator, but the 1st gen is even narrower.

I'm pretty sure the 05+ is a direct bolt on with no mods, but the earlier fan has a different mount mounting pattern so along with the radiator, you'll need a new fan. (or at least, the bracket that holds the fan motor)

·
Registered
58 Posts
The pictures from bighammer are helpful, but not ideal for comparison. The before pic has stock forks, and the after pic has wider GSXR forks, which will make the radiator appear smaller. It would be ideal to have before & after pics with the same forks installed and at the same viewing angle (the 2nd pic is not straight on).

Anyway, the pics are helpful, so not trying to criticize. I'm just saying I would like to get an apples to apples comparison.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here are some side-by-side comparison of the 03/04 (~17" wide) vs 05+ (~16" wide). 05+ is only about a 1/2" shorter on each side, but if you look closely you can tell.

I took the photos from Domiken (of SVRIDER) and bestbeginnermotorcycles.com

21 - 25 of 25 Posts