Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I take a large size glove, my hands seem too small to be able to 'cover' the front brake lever. I've tried moving the lever into different positions on the bar, and have even tried bending a lever to fit (I broke it before I got it where I wanted it). Any ideas or suggestions? I can't afford Pazzos, even if they'd work.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You don't necessarily have to have your fingers resting in front of the level, more or less just on top of it. The action of abruptly closing the throttle will naturally bring your fingers forward in position to squeeze the lever.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I have little hands too. I've tried covering the brake lever and just can't do it. it's uncomfortable and distracting. When I get the adjustable lever close enough to be able to cover it, there isn't enough room left to apply the brakes.

It may be just an old habit of not covering the lever, but I just gave up trying. It might cost me sometime down the road but I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
How many fingers do you use to squeeeeze the lever? I'd suggest only 2. It's a good habit to carefully modulate the brakes with 2 rather than 4 so you don't have the tendency to grab a handful in an emergency stop situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that problem with the stock levers (even using 2 fingers) and decided to go with the ASV sportbike levers.... problem solved!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Covering your brake does not necessarily mean you need to have your hand on it. Bring your fingers to an open position, ready to let off the throttle and squeeze the break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts