Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of cleaning up the cosmetic damage on my sv from the last owner(s) , that I picked up last summer, I was getting ready to have it re-painted its 03 burning copper design this winter, along with putting on full fairings with it. Then realized the tank was worse then originally imagined.
Turns out the very first owner ( I'm the third owner ) was in a wreck and managed to dent it all over the tank.
Now I'm out searching for a new tank.
Found this on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-SUZUKI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c80200f9&vxp=mtr, and figured it'd be best bang for my buck. 0 dents besides on the top left side the size of a half dollar.
Now the question is, how would I go about the way to get rid of this little imperfection? Take it to a professional and pay the costs? Or because it is so little would there be a way to fix the dent myself?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something so small I believe it could be a do-it-yourself, obviously the paint being harmed wouldn't matter. Just needing any guides/opinions

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also any options on the paint color? I personally love the original color it comes with, but if you could think of a color that'll go good with its silver frame all input would be awesome :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
its hard to say without knowing how deep the dent is but it looks like it could be filled with bondo easily enough. Sand it to bare metal, fill it and sand it smooth. Someone with the right tools could pull it out as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If your going to paint a tank, its a good idea and well worth it to have it sandblasted professionally. I had mine done for 30 bucks at a powdercoater. Sandblast it, stick some bondo on it. Read up on how to bondo, its harder that it looks, and you wont know you ****** up till you paint :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha alright thanks for the info, and no it's not very deep at all.
No I'll probably go and have it sandblasted professionally but it'll be painted professionally as well, i have a friend that will do it for just the paint cost.
Any color options? I was going to go with the same color but since i'm already paying for the paint I'm not sure, don't know what other color i would paint it, either

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why go through all that cost and trouble. If the inside of the tank is good and its only a little dent take it to a body shop or anyone that can do paintless dent repair. Simple fix, no painting, no bondo, presto done! Any body shop or car dealership will know paintless dent repair people. Take those guys twenty minutes to fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts