Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'99 SV Naked:

I have the SM Type 1 bars that relocate my front blinkers to the lower triples and I raised my forks 10mm with no problems. Now that I have Traxxion's fork guards installed, they hit my SM blinker relocator brackets under full fork compression. I am thinking of flipping the brackets outward. Any solutions other than cutting down the guards or lowering the forks?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to upgrade the fluid and springs at some point - I guess I'll move it up on my to-do list.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fork guards are about 4" tall and flexible plastic. The brackets are made of thin SS. From rider's view the blinker brackets look like this: _| |_ when they hit the guards. I checked to see if they hit by hopping on the bike like a pogo stick, and they barely meet - but yea, what if I hit a pot-hole :eek:

I think they'll be OK if I flip the brackets like this:|_ _| we'll see.

Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
donniej said:
the springs are a good idea but you still might hit if you ride hard (like northwind said).
Turning the brackets outward or flipping your headlight brackets up-side-down would work. Flipping the headlight brackets is common for us fellas that do the clip-on conversion.
Does flipping the headlight brackets upside down lower the headlight or rasie it and by how much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts