Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. After I installed my SM bars, I am now noticing a sqeaking coming from somewhere in the triple tree. Has anyone else experienced this? Can't figure out what I need to lubricate.

2. Also, should I have put loctite on the handlebar clamp bolts?....I'm worried about the bars vibrating loose while I am on the road.

3. There isn't a whole lot of clearance between the brake line and the triple tree. In fact, when I rotate the brake assembly into place, the plug actually touches. Can someone please tell me how they've got their levers positioned relative to the bars on their second gen? The instructions say to route the brake and clutch lines under the headlight bracket....but I'm thinking that this is for 1st gens, since that is what the pictures show. I tried to do it, but it seems impossible without stretching the cables.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got mine used so I didn't have instructions. Just play around with it, try rotating it around one way or another.

There should be no squeak. I never used loctite either, it's been 15,000 miles with them and no issues. Only thing is the cables routing can sometimes bind if you don't do it right. I used some zip-ties to hold them where I want them and now they're fine.

Probably one of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Can't see a reason for any new sounds except maybe the cables are rubbing now :dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts