Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a CF scorpion slip on for really cheap cause of a very little bit of cosmetic damage(a scratch or two). I didn't think about it at the time, but I only bought the can, no mid-pipe.

can I simply cut my stock exhaust right in front of the stock muffler and use the stock midpipe for my scorpion exhaust? I don't see why not, but before I started hacking away I wanted to know if anyone else has done this. From the looks of it, the scorpion can will just clamp right down on the stock mid-pipe, and I can use the stock hanger as well.

just for clarity, I have the normal scorpion exhaust, not the street extreme/snubby or high mount one.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having trouble navigating those sites lol

anyone here with some positive news/has actually tried to fit a slip-on on the stock mid-pipe?

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Maybe contact Scorpion or Parts Unlimited (US distributor) and see if you can buy the correct midpipe seperately. (IIRC, you can't, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Second idea: Before you cut or try to ghetto-rig anything yourself, take your bike and the canister to a reputable muffler shop (not a Midas or the like; I mean a real performance exhaust shop, the kind that mandrel-bends pipes, employs skilled welders, and can do fabrication work) and ask them to give you some ideas (and prices) of what they can do. I bet they'll come up with an acceptable solution.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I can't imagine it being too expensive to slap on a 1 foot piece of steel.

thanks for the suggestion.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
viper sells their midpipes individually. but again, that would require you to measure the pipes you have to determine if that would be an applicable solution

1 - 9 of 9 Posts