Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had a Two Brothers Racing slip-on, on my 2005 SV650S since new. I've always thought it sounded good, maybe a bit quiet, and was too long. It actually looked disproportionate to the bike. Anyway, since a small "off" it was scuffed up, so last weekend I decided to cut it to about 10 inches long.
I drilled out the end cap rivets then used a rubber mallet to remove the end cap, cut the pipe, and it looks exactly the way I want it, but it's a bit too loud. I repacked it, but I would like to do a better job of re-packing or have it done professionally 'cos it's still too loud. Has anyone done this? Any one got any ideas.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You need to find someone with a removeable baffle that doesn't need it. I've got a chopped scorpion with a silencer insert shoved in there and it makes it a bit more manageable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

I've had a Two Brothers Racing slip-on, on my 2005 SV650S since new. I've always thought it sounded good, maybe a bit quiet, and was too long. It actually looked disproportionate to the bike. Anyway, since a small "off" it was scuffed up, so last weekend I decided to cut it to about 10 inches long.
I drilled out the end cap rivets then used a rubber mallet to remove the end cap, cut the pipe, and it looks exactly the way I want it, but it's a bit too loud. I repacked it, but I would like to do a better job of re-packing or have it done professionally 'cos it's still too loud. Has anyone done this? Any one got any ideas.

Cheers.
When you cut it down it length the sound goes up. Not much you can do about that. Just try repacking it tighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts