Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased nate's sliders (excellent and fast shipping) and of course im having a hell of time trying to loosen the bolt on the frame. Now...im a pretty strong guy and these things are giving me a run for my money here and i havnt even loosened either one. Are they normally this tight?

·
Registered
629 Posts
might want to check the service manual on how tight those bolts are suppose to be torqued back to...and let me know because I just got my motosliders in also :p. They were also very fast shipping. Only problem is my brand new bike is still in the shop for idling problems.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
not impossible tight, but pretty tight...and they have RED locktite on them. the red locktite is the super strong permanent stuff. once you get it broken, it will come off really easy.

you just need something LONG to give you leverage. I used my long 1/2" clicker torque wrench. You wont have enough leverage to break it with just a normal length 3/8" socket wrench.

you could try a cheater pipe on your ratchet like avc8130 said. or borrow a long 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar from someone. If you live close to Monroe, LA, come over to my place and you can use my stuff.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Gahdzilla ... <cringe>  you can ruin a torque wrench using it like that </cringe>

I got a half inch drive breaker bar that I put a pipe on to break the red loctite.
Breaker bars are cheap to replace if they break ... Crapsmen does offer lifetime warrantees on broken tools ... not worn tools.

Ohh torque specs are 65 on the main sliders and 20 on the swingarm spools.

·
Registered
629 Posts
gahdzila said:
really?  no kidding?

guess I wont be doing that anymore :-[
yep my dad got onto me several times for using a extension on his torque wrench (it was craftsman though :p). Be careful on the breaker bars that you don't bend the handle out as you are bearing down on it and the socket slip off and A) round the nut off and B) rack your knucles up against something :((

1 - 9 of 9 Posts