Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, almost got killed today. :eek: I was making a left hand turn at an intersection. There was about 8-10 cars in the left turn lane of the road I was turning onto. I had the green light, and traffic was very clear my way, and I was the only one in my turn lane. I make my turn, straighten up, start to accelerate a bit when this JAG OFF decides to pull a U-turn RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME !! All I had time to do was grab brakes, which of course locked up both tires. I managed not to dump it, and stopped less than a foot from T-boning this ass-bag's car. Well, he couldn't make the turn and pulled into an adjacent parking lot so I followed him. I started out by telling him he should be watching WTF he was doing, but it quickly developed into me screaming at him. The best part was, this he-uge A-typical Harley-biker dude (he had skulls painted on his fairing :eek: ) was in the same turn lane as jag off and saw the whole thing. He pulled in right behind me and started giving him the what-for as well. I thought that guy was gonna piss himself. So after informing him of his obvious error, insulting his socio-economic status, describing the bodily harm that he so justly deserved, and giving him some pointers as to what to look for in the future, I thanked Mr. Skull and rode off on my merry way. Of course, I purposely stoned the crap out of his car while leaving the gravel driveway. ;D Be careful out there folks. This was about a mile from home.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Firstly, great reactions!! You managed to stay up, stay alive and follow the guy into the parking lot.

Also, you didn't hit him. He sounds like he didn't have a clue so he probably deserved the dressing down you gave him.

Nice touch by the Harley guy. See folks? They're not all that bad.

The only thing I can say I'd hold back on is the gravel shower. Granted, I wasn't in the middle of a potentially disastrous situation so I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same (but I hope that I would not have).

Glad you are all right. Just be careful with those lives you've got. You're now on the short end of them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
how did you keep your bike up after locking your tires? did you just throw your feet to the floor? lol the harley guy was awsome~!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
GM, glad you made it out OK. I can only imagine who would assume your Mod duties :-[

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Sounds like you managed to handle the situation with more aplomb than my usual reaction -- which is to fall down! Be careful with the remaining four lives.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh, I want the audio of this tounge lashing! ;D Glad to hear your are ok. See bleeding your brake does help ::)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Geeezus D

Don't be getting yourself kilt,  I hope to someday enjoy another wild game BBQ in Grand Blanc again.  Well if you insist, make sure to tell the Missus about my DVD you have hostage!   ;D  

Seriously, I'm glad everything turned out Ok.  I would have gave them the rock wash too.  Better than beating someone silly and ending up in jail.

I witnessed something in Milford that was similar.  I was in my POS car coming home from work.  I stopped at the Milford Walmart.  At the light waiting to get onto 96 I was next to a Oakland sherrif on a HD police bike.  The light turned green and we both "leisurely" moved out.  Just then some soccer mom in a mini-van blows the red light and almost hits the cop!  I thought for sure she was going to get every ticket he could think of.

Nope, he just gave her a blow from his siren and pointed up at the light.  Can you believe that shiat?  No wonder people do all sorts of dumb ass moves.  No one gets popped for it.

RD

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I just don't get why they need to slow or brake while making those U-Turns. There is an interscetion like that near me and I know someone it gonna rear end the fucker cause they just can't make the turn.

But I'd have keyed the fuckers car, spit in his face and followed him home and then do donuts in the guys front yard at 2 in the morning!!!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
i think u handled it the right way...any worse there could have been reciprocations....bad ones.
glad u are still here, we have had way too many dumps or close calls these past few weeks!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shekshishekki said:
how did you keep your bike up after locking your tires? did you just throw your feet to the floor? lol the harley guy was awsome~!!
Well, either A: My cat-like reflexes and balance kicked in, and allowed me to ride the slide out since it was only a couple feet or B: I have no freakin' idea, and got lucky as hell.  Take your pick   ;D   Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have been able to compose myself had I dropped the bike or worse.  Evilslave has violent Tourette's, and is always looking for his chance to come out.  ;)

Nex, U-turns are illegal in MI. So that tool was really screwing the pooch on this one.   

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
GMslave said:
Well, either A: My cat-like reflexes and balance kicked in, and allowed me to ride the slide out since it was only a couple feet or B: I have no freakin' idea, and got lucky as hell.  Take your pick   ;D   Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have been able to compose myself had I dropped the bike or worse.  Evilslave has violent Tourette's, and is always looking for his chance to come out.  ;)
Were you wearing your almighty sandals from the burnout picture? Maybe that's what saved you.

Curious... why are you getting a pat on the back for blasting gravel at that guy's car after you had already verbally destroyed him and way after the incident? I was blasted by a majority of my peers here for punching a side-view mirror in the heat of the moment to protect myself.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
btw...this is the thread shaggy's referring to:
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=46492.0

talking to the guy and calmly telling him "hey, you know you almost killed me?" is totally appropriate, IMO.  Screaming at the guy and spewing gravel all over his ride = not cool.  I assume you were pretty cool with the guy at first and it progressed to screaming...seems like you shouldve just rode off a little sooner than you did instead of letting the situation progress to arguing with him and VANDALIZING his car.  I know he was in the wrong, but all you got out of it was a little "yeah I showed him" grin...and all he got out of it was "stupid no-good know-it-all hoodlum motorcyclists."

I dunno...I cant say for sure, I may have actually done the same thing in that situation...but I hope I wouldnt.

(edited: I sounded a little too harsh ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Derek glad that you are OK!
I imagine your words were enough to scare the life out of the guy without the added benefit of Mr. Skull.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts