Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to do a short trip to test how the new trailer hauls. We decided to go to skyline drive for a day. (drive there and unload, ride, then load up and drive back). Does any one have any recommended places to aim for as an area to park?

We will be coming from the north. I have never been there so I don't know the area. Should we just park in front royal and hit the road 1 way then turn around and go back? Or if we can should we drive maybe 50 miles more south so we can hit BRP too?

Any recommendations of just a central place to park or any particular roads we definitely need to hit would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I can't help you on the parking, but I was up there last September twice. The first time was between 33 and 211. There was about a 10 mile stretch that had just been chip-and-sealed. It was really loose, and there were only two thin wheel tracks that offered any sort of traction. Left turns were especially bad, because the oncoming traffic would kick the gravel into your lane, resulting in almost solid gravel turning.

The second trip was between 211 and Front Royal. It was better. No recent road maintenance.

I haven't been up there this year, but the gravel should be mostly gone by now.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I was there earlier this month. Roads looked pretty good to me. Unfortunately it was too cold and rainy/snowy for riding but I'll definitely be grabbing the bags and taking an overnighter there this summer.

Sorry, can't help you with parking though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts