Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who attended the now defunct Freddie Spencer school, one of their former instructors will be heading the new KTM school starting in May! It looks like they're taking pre-registrations!

I went to 2 levels of Freddie's school & it appears the curriculum/drills will be very similar here. PLUS I THINK STUDENTS GET TO RIDE ALL 3 NEW KTM BIKES!!

Here's a link for more info:
http://skipbarber.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=1863

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Yeah, it ain't a cheap sport, that's for sure.

But IMO, money spent on furthering your motorcycle education is ALWAYS wise money spent ;)

Then again, if you look at driving school & the price of car mod/repair, dollar for dollar you can do WAY more with bikes. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just to follow up, I have worked with these guys and I know it is a first class program!

If you are seriously interested in improving your riding, and understanding what it takes to take your game to the next level, this type of school is what you need.

Think about it, you can throw your bike down a time or two, or improve your riding and not have those problems. Not to mention the pain and injury that go along with it.

A school of this caliber is the best thing you can do for your riding.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just to follow up, I have worked with these guys and I know it is a first class program!
Just curious who "these guys" are? I've been to Freddie's school a couple times, so I'm familiar with Haney, but I haven't heard any other names connected to the Skip Barber school. Have you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do know of some of them but unfortunately it is not my place to release those names. As you would understand, that is the place of the school and its operators.

And, as you know Jeff, you know that he will bring the best talent he can to the team there and put on a great program.

What do you think MMP will do without Freddie's school around? I wonder if they have a plan to put something else in place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts