Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I went shopping for a motorcycle jacket this weekend as we want to start riding 2-up. She tried on a lot of different jackets of various brands and we came to the realization that she is very "petite, yet curvaceous". The result of this means either jackets are way too tight up top and cut in under her arms or are generally very uncomfortable, or they are much too loose around the waist and in the arms.

Does anybody know of any jackets or brands that we can check out that may be more.... fitting to her proportions? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Did she try on woman's jackets? Sounds like they were all men's..... Almost every brand makes jackets cut for women.
The problem is....most bike shop's won't carry very many if any at all.
You can always try http://www.newenough.com

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
uggh so not what I thought this thread was going to be.......???

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She was definitely trying on Women's jackets, though the selection was very minimal. We have checked out newenough.com, but it is nice to be able to actually try something on before buying it, although their return policy is good.

Custom would definitely be the way to go, we will have to think about that as a possible option

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
American brands seem to be sized more for shorter but curvy women in general while European brands are designed for taller, narrower sorts (again, in general). There's a distinct lack of both, though it's a little better than it used to be. I have a heck of a time finding gear.

If all else fails, go the custom route or find a tailor who knows motorcycle leather to take in some slack. If you are getting a jacket to be tailored, make sure the armholes fit properly, as well as along the back and bust. Waist, arm length and pant length can be modified to be taken in.

Where are you located? Maybe somebody has knowledge on a good store near you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Have you tried going to Cycle Gear, they seem to have a "decent" selection of womens jackets to try on. The womens ICON textile jackets seem to be good.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the world of women riders. Looking for gear that fits sucks. There isn't a lot of variety to chose from so it's hard to find anything that fits.

My experience with gear in general is Cortech is good stuff but seems to be men's gear cut smaller so the fit isn't as good. A* seems to run small but the fit is good for me. Teknic fits good but may be a little big in the shoulders for some. Joe Rocket is poo and fits like it. Hein Gereke is cut pretty slim and fits snug.

Several have suggested try some on, but that can be difficult also. I've used www.Sportbiketrackgear.com because they have a women's specific section and a great return policy, and great customer service.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with A* stuff they fit me best, my textile street jacket is A* and my suit is A*. I'm not a "heavy top" female so the A* may not work for RichardK's girl.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Oops, didn't read the top heavy thing. I'm SURE not top heavy. That's where the Cortech tends to bunch on me so it might work good for someone who is not tiny up top like me.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My wife fits that bill.....petite, curvaceous, and fitted with big tata's. She fits Cycle Gear's Frank Thomas "Jasmine" leather jacket very well and we're just waiting for it to go on sale and she has the Frank Thomas "Liberty" textile jacket that fits very well. They make a "Zoe" leather jacket that fits well at her waist and midriff but it's cut is real sloppy loose at the shoulder and neck area. The Zoe pants fit her well and she's been wearing them for some time now.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
We have had a heck of a time finding jackets and pants for my SO. Not even close to fitting so far but she does wear gear that is functional be it not very flattering.

The quest goes on ...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot about getting gear for my daughter. She's wearing Scorpion brand now. It's a little flashier than I like, but at 16 she loves it. Fits her good, but she's not petite.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would have to say try ICON, they have a great selection of women's apparel. I have the bombshell jacket and I love it! The cuts are great for women's shapes :) Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts