Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say I was never a fan of my 2003 shifting.I thought it was notchy and not very postitive.Today I changed the oil for the 1st at 4500 miles.Im the second owner so I dont know what kind of oil was used for the 1st oil change but man, what a difference.I used Yamalube R4 10-50w and now this thing shifts light ,slick, and positive like the motocross transmissions I'm used too.If any one else out there thinks there sv shifts notchy I definatly recommend trying Yamalube or another quality  4 stroke motocross oil.Just make sure its for motor and gear box though because a few manufactures have bikes with seperate slumps.The gearbox oil is ok but the motor oil contains moly which will cause your cluch to slip.Hope someone else is as happily surprised as I was.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for tip....I will keep that in mind when the time comes!!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
OH SHIZ, NOT ANOTHER OIL POST.............Avids gonna snap

Seriously I found anything but Suzuki oil is better...I ran Honda Oil in my 1K and was happy, but Yamaha/YamaLube in my 6fitty wasn't in too much agreeance..........

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
no matter what kind of oil you use, shifting will improve after you change , clean oil is better than ANY brand of dirty oil, comparing fresh oil to what you had in before is bogus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts