Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just picked up an 03 1kS used, copper. have even been braving the 25 deg. days to take her out for a little bit each day, heh heh.

anyways, guy i got it from had put on yosh tri-ovals and apparently hacked off the sidestand coat hanger because it was touching the left can. i'm short (5'6") and have trouble getting that stand down now. any suggestions?

that brings me to my second question: former owner also installed a suzuki factory gel seat, which a sargent rep. said is an inch taller than the stock saddle. with a 28.5" inseam, would a sargent seat (allegedly same height as stock) and some boots do the trick? i'd really rather not mess with the suspension.

thanks,
dave

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
sargent and corbins may be lower, but they're also wider, thus not really allowing you to get more foot down.

i'd suggest finding a stock seat. then do a search for andyauger's seat mod and do that to lower the seat as much as possible.

as for the side stand - don't know why it would rub on the pipe. you might want to just get a new sidestand to put on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stranger said:
sargent and corbins may be lower, but they're also wider, thus not really allowing you to get more foot down.

i'd suggest finding a stock seat. then do a search for andyauger's seat mod and do that to lower the seat as much as possible.

as for the side stand - don't know why it would rub on the pipe. you might want to just get a new sidestand to put on
nice. thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
408 Posts
If the sidestand is still in usable condition, than I wouldn't go buy another one. It's made out of steel and can be welded by anyone with a welder. Just take it off the bike and take it to a local welder with a little piece of 3/8" round bar and have them weld it on. It should cost less than $15 to do.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
there also might be some people who would want a shorter kickstand. if you've lowered the bike, the stock stand keeps the bike pretty upright. you might be able to do a direct swap with someone

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 26" inseam and I stuck with the stock seat. I cant get my foot all the way down, but I can keep it good and stable.

·
Registered
408 Posts
tuesdaynight said:
thanks for all the advice people. DFW, i'll try the welding thing before i try to buy a stock stand. later.
I wish you lived in TX cause you could just bring it over and I'd weld it up for you. I had to chop and shorten my wife's side-stand on her little SV almost an inch and a half just so the bike wouldn't fall over. And decent welding shop should hook you up for less that $20, I would think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts