Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does it improve the specs any?
According to M4's dyno it increases peak RWHP by 5, but on the top end after 9k RPM the gains are 8-10 RWHP. I didn't really ride the bike much (40 miles) before putting on the exhaust so can't really compare to stock other than to say it sounds fantastic and pulls hard to redline. I am also going to get the ECU flashed soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to M4's dyno it increases peak RWHP by 5, but on the top end after 9k RPM the gains are 8-10 RWHP. I didn't really ride the bike much (40 miles) before putting on the exhaust so can't really compare to stock other than to say it sounds fantastic and pulls hard to redline. I am also going to get the ECU flashed soon.

Cool! Good to know. I've put about the first thousand miles on my 19 SV650X. I just did a couple really long interstate stints on the SV and coming out of Rest Areas I get the RPMs up really high accelerating, but other than that, I hardly ever get the RPMS about 8K.

Are you going to do some track duty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool! Good to know. I've put about the first thousand miles on my 19 SV650X. I just did a couple really long interstate stints on the SV and coming out of Rest Areas I get the RPMs up really high accelerating, but other than that, I hardly ever get the RPMS about 8K.

Are you going to do some track duty?
Not planning any track time at the moment, but I ride pretty aggressive on some back roads so bike always hits high RPM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Highly recommend Woolich Racing s/w.

Running the 'Full Power tune for 2017 SV650A' tune until we can get a dyno session done.

hth,

T.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Still under construction
Lifted rear
Under clamp clip ons
Custom made headlight / blinkers / speedomenter bracket
Airbox mod
Backfire blocked

Some plans coming...

·
Registered
47 Posts
The cheapest paralel ones from harley 883, made of sylicone. 12 dollars. Made a super small adaptation by cutting some teeth in the lower inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting the bikes ready to head out for a cruise with the girlfriend.

I've taken her Rebel 300 out for a ride a couple of times, pretty neat little cruiser. No modifications on the SV so far, but I do have a Delkevic SL10 (14") on order. Seemed like the Delkevic's have a good sound and are priced pretty good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I really like these 3rd gens more and more, got me wishing my '07 would pop already! The red and blue painted frames are so cool looking and I keep hearing these new engines are noticeably more punchy than mine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I really like these 3rd gens more and more, got me wishing my '07 would pop already! The red and blue painted frames are so cool looking and I keep hearing these new engines are noticeably more punchy than mine.
I've got a red frame model and it pops in the flesh way more than in the photos. A racing friend of mine bought one before me so seeing it up close inspired me towards that colour.
Punch wise I dont think there's much in it. I race in a class with Gen 1's through to Gen 3's and we are all pretty similar taking into account a few legal mods like exhaust system (most of us using M4's) and fuel remaps.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts