Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like the 'skeleton' look without the plastic trim, unfortunately I think it only works with your colour scheme of black tank and red frame .... what full exhaust system is that?

Here's mine last autumn, by Lake Tegid, Bala, Wales, stanfard apart from a Yoshi TRS can:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Yeah I got a whole shelf full of black plastic bits lol. The exhaust is M4 from the States. The only other mods at this stage is a Nitron rear shock and I removed the EVAP system. Next weekend I'm fitting rear sets.
Does your bike run cleanly with the Yoshi can or did you get it tuned to suit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
@wollerms I like! Where did you get the exhaust hanger for your M4 from? I need one of those.
The hanger comes with the Race version. The "standard mount" system uses the existing passengers peg hanger.

Since I live near Dallas, I called M4 to see if the Race mount would work with
the "standard mount" exhaust version and it will not, the midpipe sections are
different (a bit higher for the race) between the two.

Valter Motorsports might be an option to eliminate the footpeg mounts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Does your bike run cleanly with the Yoshi can or did you get it tuned to suit?
It runs great, no tuning needed (everything else is stock). No popping or banging on the over-run and it definitely perked up the low and mid-rpm range as well as freeing up the bike's bark without it being offensive.

The can is actually from a Bandit 1250, I just needed to get a link pipe end-formed to fit (the can inlet is 58mm, and the internal core is even wider).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hanger comes with the Race version. The "standard mount" system uses the existing passengers peg hanger.

Since I live near Dallas, I called M4 to see if the Race mount would work with
the "standard mount" exhaust version and it will not, the midpipe sections are
different (a bit higher for the race) between the two.

Valter Motorsports might be an option to eliminate the footpeg mounts.
Thanks muchly for the info. I thought his system looked like it was sitting a bit higher than mine. Dang, think i may have ordered the wrong exhaust as in time my bike is going to be track only. I'm wondering if the only diff is the mid/link pipe though? I'll drop M4 an e-mail. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Been considering that Holeshot Corbin seat upgrade. Is it worth it? That stock seat is killin me!

-Bartolozzi
Been riding with my Holeshot Corbin seat for about 11000km now and I love it! It’s actually comfortable now and it looks way better than the original one. Here is a recent trip I took and I rode ca. 480km in a day with no problems what so ever. Best upgrade so far!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been riding with my Holeshot Corbin seat for about 11000km now and I love it! It’s actually comfortable now and it looks way better than the original one. Here is a recent trip I took and I rode ca. 480km in a day with no problems what so ever. Best upgrade so far! View attachment 54012

You probably just sold me on that seat. AND that view!!! Hahaha. Thanks for the recommend.
-Bartolozzi

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been riding with my Holeshot Corbin seat for about 11000km now and I love it! It’s actually comfortable now and it looks way better than the original one. Here is a recent trip I took and I rode ca. 480km in a day with no problems what so ever. Best upgrade so far! View attachment 54012
Nice pic! Your scenery looks similar to some parts of New Zealand. Steep sided valleys carved out by glaciers.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the seat after I shaved down the raised portion at the front. The seat felt strange with the hump in the front, maybe it's OK if your taller than me (5'8") and seat further back. Mine now actually looks more like the stock Corbin seat.
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Suzuki SV 650 Motorcycles | 800-538-7035
Don't you find that it pushes you to the front again though? Kind of one of the reasons why I'd like the hump in the front is to prevent that. I'm 5'10". Also, I wouldn't wanna mess with trying to shave anything down and screw it up.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
You probably just sold me on that seat. AND that view!!! Hahaha. Thanks for the recommend.
-Bartolozzi
I’m happy with it, that’s for sure. The original seat was killing me and I needed a new seat or a new bike.

Nice pic! Your scenery looks similar to some parts of New Zealand. Steep sided valleys carved out by glaciers.
Yeah, you’re not the first person mentioning that. People always compare our country with New Zealand. My neighbours visited NZ and they said that it was like Norway on steroids. Wilder, prettier and with lots of strange animals. Would love to go there sometime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts