Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3181 - 3188 of 3188 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys!

This is my new 2019 Suzuki SV650X! I loved the white/black color scheme but was super surprised to see the red trim! I'm loving it.

I would love to connect here or on My Instagram to talk all things Moto and SV!

·
Super Moderator
6,816 Posts
Long term 1st Gen project mostly completed -

Bought it years ago not running and lightly crashed, cleaned the carbs and did the maintenance, got it running, then parked it for a few years.

PO had the bodywork primed and a dent in the left side of the tank filled - both of which were done poorly. Stripped everything and pulled out the dent in the tank so it only needed minimal filler (not 1" thick like it was) and primed everything. Replaced the smashed gauge cluster, mounted some Superbike bars, and powder coated the triple clamp, levers, headlight mounts and ring. Still needs a few details, like a muffler, but the big stuff is solid.

Whoever owned this before the guy I bought it from was up on SV mods. It has a ZX shock, Mosfet regulator, braided lines, Pilot Powers, and a few other mods that your average SV owner wouldn't know to do.

I still have my 2nd gen I bought new in '06, with no plans to sell it, but this one is being picked-up later today. Still have plenty of projects to keep me busy (CL450K2 resto currently in progress, '75 CB400/4 next in line, the Z50R pictured above is also on the list).

3181 - 3188 of 3188 Posts