Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for storage/bike tie-down/sleeping/air conditioning/tool set-up/space management ideas, etc for my enclosed race trailer. Just your typical 16'x7' v-nose style. I want to see what the inside of your trailers look like so I can steal some cool ideas. Would also like to hear what things you've found that work well and what doesn't. Thank you. Show pics!!!

And you rich guys with the gorgeous motor homes and huge trailers, don't rub it in!!! This is only for us basic enclosed trailer guys.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
We've since moved to a 29' toy hauler, but this was our old 6x12' V-nose.

Some things I recommend:
Pitbull Trailer Restraint system
Metal peg board for the walls (this is what you see in my picture above, the stands and such are hanging from a hook in the pegboard. They also have wire baskets you can put all your fluids in)
If you must use chocks, get these anchors (see below) that bolt into the floor so you can remove the chocks with 1 bolt from the top.
E-track rocks, buy long strips of it and cut it up. I use "single" pieces all over the place. Put your EZUp standing against the wall and put a single e-track piece on each side and then a ratchet.

Table in front is nice:

We also put a fridge and microwave in ours, just plug the fridge in the night before you load and you can bring cold food to the track if you can find a plug in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jongo's trailer below. This was loaded up for Grattan a few weeks ago.

The pit-bull TRS's are a must have! The bikes dont move at all, so you can put them very close to each other / the wall.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts

The pit-bull TRS's are a must have! The bikes dont move at all, so you can put them very close to each other / the wall.
Were you up there The weekend of June30/July1?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Swiest, I want a video of you, loading up that van...

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
That picture doesn't even have it full.

Goes in order of.

Bike, ramp, easy up, cooler, bins, spare wheels, tools, table, chairs, gear, stands, bike, air tank, grill, sleeping stuff, clothes, gas cans, me.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

What size is that trailer and who makes it?

And by the way, its awesome!

·
Registered
184 Posts
not enough wheel stands.. LOL.. great trailler!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought this trailer already setup by the previous 2 owners. I've made very minor tweaks.

Plenty of tie-downs on the floor and sides. Roof is insulated.

The whole trailer is wired with plenty of outlets. The heavy duty cord from the genny or an outside source plugs in the bottom receptacle. 2 on top I usually use for warmers.

Junction box goes to more outlets on side, over the workbench and to florescent lights either side.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm jealous... I tote mine around in bed of my puny little ranger...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I also use a race van:

This was the mockup for the two bikes, since then we have done a lot more work to the inside: insulating the walls, plywood sheathing and then carpet on top. Next plan is to wire up a marine battery deep discharge system and run wiring for paddock power hook ups:

Yes that is a dual 10" enclosed subwoofer in the back :D

1 - 20 of 166 Posts