Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a set of heated grips by Show Chrome and have run into a situation. The throttle side grip appears to be too heavy for the throttle return spring to "snap back" to release the throttle quickly. It slowly returns to the off position. What can I do to make the return faster? I've positioned the grip so that the wire does not interfere, so I'm assuming it is the additional weight.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm installing a set of heated grips by Show Chrome and have run into a situation. The throttle side grip appears to be too heavy for the throttle return spring to "snap back" to release the throttle quickly. It slowly returns to the off position. What can I do to make the return faster? I've positioned the grip so that the wire does not interfere, so I'm assuming it is the additional weight.
Any chance that the switch box and the grip are rubbing ?
Any chance that some "stuff" got in between the bar and the throttle tube ?
Maybe a touch of lube ?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yeah. Something's rubbing. It's not that the grips are too heavy.

In addition to checking all possible "rub points", see if the throttle return symptoms change when the bars are full right lock vs full left lock. If that's the case, it could be your throttle routing.

My guess is something's rubbing though.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You should be able to adjust the return throttle cable which should allow it to return quicker

Need to look at a manual though to determine which is the return cable of the 2

Should be able to do this up top by the brake reservoir under the overlapping sleeve on the throttle cables

1 - 5 of 5 Posts