Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that haven't yet had the opportunity to meet Nate (Nudist) in person, you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy.

I couldn't ride my bike because I pulled the tank to paint it. He offered up the gas tank off the recent OCC SV he acquired some time back. It was dented, rusty, full of varnish, and all around nasty, but it was free for the taking.

I filled it with gas to wash out all the crap, did some gentle "reshaping" with a 14 ounce hammer to make it fit better, and put it on.

Ran through a full tank of gas this weekend on the SV.

Thanks mang!

:hug:

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
The rust and the dents on the tank, flow nicely with the rest of the bike. Although, that tail must go. It looks shiney and clean. ;)

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
7 months to paint three pieces of bodywork 'eh? Well, at least it runs now. :p

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lord Vader! What happened to the left fork! :eek: What'd ya put it on with a f-ckin' hammer?!

HA!

Nah, man, the complete front end came off a wrecked bike. It was lowsided on the left, so the left clip on was snapped off and the adjuster was chewed up. The seller gave me a complete, new right front leg. Eventually I'll take the left leg and spare right to the local shop and have them switch out the adjusters--I was just too antsy from not riding in what felt like forever that I just left them on.

Yes, I did have to put the tank on with a hammer...See the "freshly" chipped paint on the tank? That's where I had to beat the sh(i)t out of the underside of the tank to bend it back down to get it to fit.

The tank came off the "OCC SV" Nate bought some time back.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
JB your bike should be on "rags to riches" when your done. It's coming along great. It was about time that poor bike got some TLC.

I haven't met Nate but I've heard nothing but good things about him.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Nate, I heard you're helping a friend of a friend's with their exploded transmission SV. Good luck with that project :)
Not me - at least I havent heard about it yet :lol:

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Not me - at least I havent heard about it yet :lol:
They named you specifically lol. Apparently this dude let his brother take his bike out and forgot it was setup for GP shift so he shifted hard into 1st (instead of third) and blew the tranny. They know you from DCSB.net. *shrugs*.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Really.... I have never talked to these folks.... that's crazy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts